Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!!!

Here is what I finally could work out!
It was a Wimbledon white car once a day, now it needs a new interior for sure (I will order this with the seller in NC - he is close to NPD).
It has a 400 engine from stock, a c6 trans, seemingly not leaking. I have a small vid of the engine starting and idling....
The price was good compared to a lot of high price-weak condition or just very high price cars in the market!
The decision was surely supported by the rust condition, there is just some in the floor pan, and this may more or less be surface rust.

First things to be done will be:
recover seats, install doorcards, install carpet and get rid of the small rust spots in the floor pans, install new bench cover install new front chrome bumper and for sure mirrors.
remove that ugly window tint

Then I would try to get historic plates and take care of mechanics (I received a weakness list from Steve :))

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tailgate = no rust, window working
b pillars - you mean the area where door sits to? lower area good, even though it may need new seaming "glue".

·
Ford-a-Holic
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,245 Posts
Looks like a nice find.

The "B" pillar is the section/post after the door; the "A" pillar is the post at the windshield.

·
Super Moderator
23,879 Posts
Yo simrokkzz,
Looks good, congratulations!
Ford 1979 Bronco/F Series Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual via Ziggy⚠⚠⚠ @
1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Manual pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
It shows Electrical component location, operation, troubleshooting, with wiring and vacuum diagrams.

1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Schematics, Connector Pin-outs, etc by Ranger429 @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/6-1978-79-bronco-tech/223050-79-wiring-schematics.html

1979 Bronco Brochure (partial) @ http://broncohq.com/Broncosales/79/79salesinfo.html

1979 Ford Bronco vs. Blazer Article by Ford via Indybronco @ 1978 Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Blazer (79) pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

See Technical Service Bulletins @ BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products and Turbochargers | TSB and Wiring Diagrams Database

Ford Shop Manual Diagrams: 1978-1979 Full Size Shop Manuals, partial @ https://broncograveyard.com/rt-1273-...-archives.html
My Tablet takes hours to download, so try the first in this list as long as you have Adobe Acrobat 9 or later installed.
Includes:
Wiring Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Rear Lights Diagram
Motor Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Air Cleaner Diagram
Chassis Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes '78 Brakes Diagram, Gas Tank Setup Diagram
Body Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes; Upper Body Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, heater Ducts Diagram, Tailgate Diagram, Console Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, Grill Setup Diagram, Heater Controls Diagram, Interior Trip Diagram, Rear Sheetmetal Diagram, Tiltwheel Diagram, Tire Rack
Let me know if the downloads are worth the effort.

See Bubba's M-Block Ford V8 Workshop by Dave Resch @ Bubba's M-Block Ford V8 Workshop

Partial Chilton Manual for 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981 Bronco. Scanned by broncocity.com @ https://web.archive.org/web/20130419152159/http://www.broncocity.com/66-81manual.htm

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as 1978-'79 Bronco Tech that requires 30 posts to view or post) or 1978-'79 Bronco Tech, Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view), etc.

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Signature with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar and then select “Account Settings” from the drop down menu.

From your “Account Settings” page you will then see more navigation option of the left side. Select “Signature”.

Now you can simply enter your signature information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum faqs @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/help/faq/
Includes for example:
How To Upload Images To Posts & How to Use Search
See more tips!

Baba Looeys favorite FSB Links, lots & lots of tech-links @
https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...ech-links.html
advanced.html

➡ Try to find time to participate in and Vote in our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests.
F.O.T.M. Contests will be held in JANUARY, MARCH, MAY, JULY & SEPTEMBER. Each month in-between will be used for nominating contestants to run in the following Month.
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes! They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!
➡➡➡ Vote ASAP IN ONGOING Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.)!
Enjoy your 79!
Al

·
Super Moderator
14,527 Posts
That Bronco is in amazing shape..The body is way better than my '92..Congrats on the score!!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Looking forward to following this one! Congrats!!

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,201 Posts
I as well, be sure to keep us up to date on the progress!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will keep you update.

as the seller is organizing new interior to go with the car I will add front and rear bumpers and some sheathed stripping for front doors and front quarter windows.

all the rest will take some time, as I now have to get shipping organized.
Arrival to EU is planned to be in 4-6 weeks plus some days customs clearance and transport to my home.

so do not get it wrong if it will become silent for some weeks in this thread...

if you have recommendations what to take care of first, let me know.

i plan to change all fluids, to get a rough overview of there are Metall pieces in any of the drivetrain parts...

·
Premium Member
'95 XLT: 5.8/MAF/E4OD/6" lift/4.56's/33x12.5x15's
35,202 Posts
so do not get it wrong if it will become silent for some weeks in this thread...
if you have recommendations what to take care of first, let me know.
Read, read, search, read, read, search, read, read, search, question, read, search, read, read, question... wash, rinse, repeat.

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
I would suggest giving it a once over for anything blatantly wrong, but I don't see anything in the pictures.

Then, drive it. Listen. It'll tell you what it needs.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
preparing arrival, even its not shipped yet, but most likely will during this week.

what size optima yellow top I can install in the standard location:

Optima YT U 4,2 YellowTop 55Ah
254 x 175 x 200 mm

Will this fit?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And another one:
seemingly I need a wiper switch, as its missing, just a hole in the dash.

and here the switch is much more expensive, or at least there is nothing to choose from.

Shall I go with the WH stuff? (switch, nut + knob) ?

be prepared that I am going to ask a lot. :)

·
Registered
78 Bronco 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,179 Posts
preparing arrival, even its not shipped yet, but most likely will during this week.

what size optima yellow top I can install in the standard location:

Optima YT U 4,2 YellowTop 55Ah
254 x 175 x 200 mm

Will this fit?
I have that battery in my 78. It fits, but the posts are on the wrong sides compared to a standard battery, so you'll have to reroute your cables and will probably have to make them longer. I had new cables made since I wanted thicker cables anyway. It's not the prettiest setup. I wanted dual terminals and a deep-cycle battery which is why I went with that one.

·
Registered
78 Bronco 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,179 Posts
And another one:
seemingly I need a wiper switch, as its missing, just a hole in the dash.

and here the switch is much more expensive, or at least there is nothing to choose from.

Shall I go with the WH stuff? (switch, nut + knob) ?

be prepared that I am going to ask a lot. :)

It depends on whether or not you need a 2-speed wiper switch or an intermittent wiper switch. Mine came with regular 2-speed wipers (high and low), but it broke when I was off road and bouncing around. I went to the junk yard and pulled an intermittent wiper switch from an 80's F-series truck and put it in, they are "plug and play". Now I can set a delay and it slows the wipers down a lot for when it's only raining a little.

You can put an intermittent wiper switch in your Bronco and it'll work fine as a 2-speed, but if you don't have the little black box it needs, then you won't get the intermittent wipers.

I don't know what kind of parts stores your have in Germany, but you'd need a switch like this if you have 2-speed wipers. The intermittent wiper switch has its own ground wire attached to it and that's an easy way to tell them apart.

My wiper switch when it broke. You can see all of the corrosion on the contacts inside the switch.

Here are two intermittent switches I pulled from the junk yard. They have black boxes that control how long the delay is between wiper swipes. I still have one that needs to go into my truck. I already put one in my Bronco.

Here's the difference between the two switches. The top one is for intermittent wipers. The bottom is for regular 2-speed wipers.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like that Yellow Top setup you have there!!
I was told to make better ground cables anyhow, so doing some new cables around battery will not be a problem. I guess I can take 35mm².
plus 2 new terminals etc...

Thanks

for the wipers I will wait until the car arrived so that I can find out, if there is anything left from the original installation.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
First off all - HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you!

update:
The car was shipped to Charleston Harbor and will be put into a container shortly.

Unfortuanely I have no further pictures of this, lets see as soon as the car arrives.

For Christmas I received some BRONCO stickers and I already bought an Optima yellow top....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts