Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have owned my Bronco for over 25 years. I used to work with the original owner, who gave it to his brother, who sold it to a friend of mine and then I bought it off of him. I replaced most of the body panels, added some aftermarket items and painted it red (originally black) a couple of years later. I had it repainted a few years ago and put some new trim on it. I don't drive the truck much, it sits in storage most of the time, which I know is stupid. That is why I think about selling it now and then. But, when I take it out and drive it, I end up changing my mind. It runs great, I love the way it sounds and drives. It turns a lot of heads and gets a lot of thumbs up. I was inspired to buy and fix the truck up by my father in law. He had redone a 79 just before I bought mine and I loved the way his turned out.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,899 Posts
Yo Philtiii,
Welcome to our site with your fine looking and running 79!

Ford 1979 Bronco/F Series Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual via Ziggy @
1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Manual pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
It shows Electrical component location, operation, troubleshooting, with wiring and vacuum diagrams.

1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Schematics, Connector Pin-outs, etc by Ranger429 @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/6-1978-79-bronco-tech/223050-79-wiring-schematics.html

1979 Bronco Brochure (partial) @ Early Bronco HQ is about 1966-77 Ford Broncos -- 1979 Bronco Sales Brochure

1979 Ford Bronco vs. Blazer Article by Ford via Indybronco @ 1978 Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Blazer (79) pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

See Technical Service Bulletins @ BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products and Turbochargers | TSB and Wiring Diagrams Database

Ford Shop Manual Diagrams: 1978-1979 Full Size Shop Manuals, partial @ Technical Diagrams Archives
My Tablet takes hours to download, so try the first in this list as long as you have Adobe Acrobat 9 or later installed.
Includes:
Wiring Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Rear Lights Diagram
Motor Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Air Cleaner Diagram
Chassis Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes '78 Brakes Diagram, Gas Tank Setup Diagram
Body Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes; Upper Body Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, heater Ducts Diagram, Tailgate Diagram, Console Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, Grill Setup Diagram, Heater Controls Diagram, Interior Trip Diagram, Rear Sheetmetal Diagram, Tiltwheel Diagram, Tire Rack
Let me know if the downloads are worth the effort.

See Bubba's M-Block Ford V8 Workshop by Dave Resch @ Bubba's M-Block Ford V8 Workshop

Partial Chilton Manual for 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981 Bronco. Scanned by broncocity.com @ Bronco City

Dave Graham's 1979 Ford Truck Manual on CD @ RockAuto
Authorized copy of the Ford manual for all systems. Ask seller if it will run on your PC, etc. with it's operating system such as WIN10. Three Volumes!
Search Google for a better deal.

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as 1978-'79 Bronco Tech that requires 30 posts to view or post) or 1978-'79 Bronco Tech, Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view), etc.

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Signature with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar and then select “Account Settings” from the drop down menu.

From your “Account Settings” page you will then see more navigation option of the left side. Select “Signature”.

Now you can simply enter your signature information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum faqs @ FAQ
Includes for example:, ow to Use Search
See more tips!

Baba Looeys favorite FSB Links, lots & lots of tech-links @
https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...ech-links.html
advanced.html

➡ Try to find time to participate in and Vote in our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests.
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes! They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!
Then get ready for the Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.)!
Enjoy!
Al

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for all the reference material! I'm sure I could have used it years ago. I'll add that info to my signature when I'm on my computer next.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
1,715 Posts
That's pretty... I wouldn't sell it... I've always liked the red on red... It just screams 70s... However, no insult intended, but not a fan of the EB steps... A nice set of stirrups on that however... Classic 👍 (and not very pricey).
I think u just need to make it a point to take it out more often... Fall in love all over again...

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,122 Posts
Welcome! Beautiful truck! I like the running boards. I think they tie in well with the visor. I've never been a fan of the pained grille surround, but that one looks pretty good.

And a rarer full time 4wd model too. Those NP203 transfer cases are huge!

Think about all the smiles itll give ya if you drive it more...!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That's pretty... I wouldn't sell it... I've always liked the red on red... It just screams 70s... However, no insult intended, but not a fan of the EB steps... A nice set of stirrups on that however... Classic 👍 (and not very pricey).
I think u just need to make it a point to take it out more often... Fall in love all over again...
Thanks for the feedback and advice! I definitely would prefer to keep it and drive it, but on the other hand if I don't, maybe it should go to a better home?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome! Beautiful truck! I like the running boards. I think they tie in well with the visor. I've never been a fan of the pained grille surround, but that one looks pretty good.

And a rarer full time 4wd model too. Those NP203 transfer cases are huge!

Think about all the smiles itll give ya if you drive it more...!
Thank you so much! The visor and running boards were the in thing about 23 years ago. Made the old look a little more modern. Painting the grill was a tough decision but I decided to try it since I have a spare. I am happy with the way it turned out. You are right about the transfer case, it is huge and heavy! I have a spare in my attic, it wasn't fun getting it up there. Hopefully, I won't ever need it!

·
Premium Member
16,974 Posts
Truck looks great! I lived in upstate for a while and it just destroys cars...well done keeping yours in such great shape.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you!! You are absolutely right about the road salt here. Luckily this truck hasn't been exposed to it for the last 25 years or so.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks for the feedback and advice! I definitely would prefer to keep it and drive it, but on the other hand if I don't, maybe it should go to a better home?
Where would it have a better home?!! The next guy will just thrash it & drive it in the salt & snow.

What you have is what I will eventually have (if I dont get bored) in like 10 more years. My bronco is a rust bucket - but runs like a top - I plan to drive the wheels off of mine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good point on the next home. I know it would have to be where I would never see it again. I couldn't imagine seeing someone else driving it down the road and not owning it anymore. Enjoy driving yours and the best of luck with whatever you end up doing with it.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Where would it have a better home?!! The next guy will just thrash it & drive it in the salt & snow.
/QUOTE]
Hey now @Brass Monkey ... I drive mine in salt and snow in NWPA...u just have to be smart about it and undercoat the snot outta it with really good stuff like Rust-A-Vert and give it a good bath in the spring...

@Philtiii ... Listening to u talk about ur rig, it doesn't sound like u want to sell it... Sounds to me like ur just gonna have to make it a point to drive it more 😀 but if u do sell, wait till the new Bronco comes out. Our older rigs will jump in value once they're released... But... I think you'll regret selling it. Or u wouldn't be here asking us what u should do... If u don't need the money... Keep It! Just my 2 cents 😏

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You are right BroncMom, I don't want to sell it and not driving it enough is the problem. The true issue is finding the time. I did recently move it to a closer storage location, which should help. Time will tell.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
My dad always said u don't find time to do the things u love... U make time... Hopefully moving it closer helps 👍

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thank you!!!!!
Thank you!!!!!
Nice looking bronco. I have 2-78,s that I am working on. I noticed you have a SMALL AIR BREATHER. VERY GOOD CHOICE AND WISE DESCION. This fall one of my bronco got a engine fire and it had the BIG BREATHER on it. If I had the smaller breather like yours. I could have gotten the fire out easier. The big ones prevent you form getting to any fire under it. I saved the bronco,but got my hands burnt and ended up in the burn center.Their healing now.So I can tinker on it this spring. You may also want to put a relay betwwen the ignition switch and solenoid. My other bronco caugh the fires on fire under the dash and I had to redo that.Again.You have a really nice looking bronco.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts