Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just bought my first bronco the other day. Its pretty good running conditiona nd has been sitting for a longgg time. The worst problem is my doors are both beat to sh*t and the passenger side quarterpanel is pretty rusted. I know that it is wayy beyond fixing with bondo or anything. The only 2 solutions i have for the quarterpanel would be to get a new one and put it on and paint it, or my cousin thinks it would be cheaper and better to cut the rust right out and make the wheel wells bigger on both sides then touch it up with bondo. The truck is on 35's so it would look ok. If anyone has had this problem i was just wondering what you did or if u have any ideas for my truck let me know cuz this is my first bronco!

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Time for some investigation. You need to find out just fow far the rust has gotten into the rest of the wheel well. It may turn out to be too far, for cutting out to be an option. If you do end up needing a replacement panel, finding one in a junkyard would be one option. Another is an aftermarket replacement, or an NOS replacement. Check into LMC Truck and Dennis Carpenter

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive looked and its not that bad, it goes a couple inchs up, like right to end of the fender flares. Ive looked at my local junkyards too and none of them have and 79 broncos or parts so i might have to go aftermarket, but i live in canada and i havent found any stores or anything that might be able to heklp me

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
if all you're needing, is around the wheel well only, then you can graft on a piece from a pickup bedside. you just won't be able to use the whole pickup's side

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
JC Whitney sells patch panels pretty cheap to fix that.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
lol, ok, what about give ya a couple? Just trying to get rid of them, nobody around here has old trucks, and it's either get rid of them or sell them as scrap.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
mtthwvn73 said:
lol, ok, what about give ya a couple? Just trying to get rid of them, nobody around here has old trucks, and it's either get rid of them or sell them as scrap.
Around where??, you didn't put your location in your USER CP.

·
Banned
495 Posts
quarter panels

anyone in washington? i was wondering if somone could send some quarters to meby barge up here in alaska.... tehy are fair but they cant UPS OR USPS Them without chrging me a fortune.

Ray

1 - 13 of 13 Posts