Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys more issues. i have been having alot of issues with my bronco nothing major yet but alot of the issues seem to point to engine vaccuum and the acessories that require it. like the heater is not getting vacuum to open and close the actuators that open and close the doors are not working very well, some don't even work cause i can ussaully hear the vacuum kick in to open and close the heater doors. now the brakes don't seem to work very well and the vacuum (in another post) from the brakes almost chokes out the engine when running. does anyone know of a diagram or website that shows what needs vacuum, constant or partial vacuum, locations for everything like that actual hookup? i'd like to check to see if the vacuum lines and such is hooked up incorrectly before doing any more major repairs and see if its just a minor thing. my bronco is a 79 400m c6 auto, with AC power brakes.i'm looseing patients with this pig.

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
If when stepping on the brakes chokes out your engine, it sounds like you have a massive vacuum leak some place. I would look at the brake boster first since that draws the most vacuum. Other then that, check the vacuum reservoir on the driver's side for leaks. Your main source of vacuum is drawn from the back of the engine, the largest line will go to the booster, smaller (1/4"?) line will go to your reservoir as well through the firewall to the dash and a 3rd line will connect to the hard line going to the tranny solinoid. As for the routing of the hoses for your heater box and such, I can email you the diagrams tonight after I get home from work.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet that paints a much clearer pic and will definately take to the bronco once i am back from vacation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts