Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've thrown the truck harness' away in 3-4 trucks I've parted too. Recently I started saving them - well, maybe that is because the harness' in those trucks are newer.

I grabbed a harness out of a junk 98 F-150 for free and then one out of a 96 Bronco I parted. I have stripped the 98 down to the bare wire and connectors and am thinking I'm gonna use that to wire up a small car project. If I run out of wire from that (unfortunately many of the wires i the 98 harness are very small gauge) I will teat up the 96 and use some of that wire as well;)

·
Registered
171 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
http://www.ezwiring.com/wiring_harness.html

If you are looking for cheap then EZwiring might be the best deal.

Centech will build to order so it may be the easiest.

Ron Francis might be the best and the most flexible.

·
Registered
834 Posts
american wire makes a harness for the 78/79 broncos, 900.00 then another 90.00 for the tailgate window. but you get the updated fuse box.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i need to replace my entire wire harness eather with a stock harness or aftermarket does any one have any advice?
american wire makes a harness for the 78/79 broncos, 900.00 then another 90.00 for the tailgate window. but you get the updated fuse box.
a
a 1/2 harness would be the same of that year except the rear window which you could have switch for it lots of those trucks around hope it helps.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Make sure you have a relay between the switch and solenoid. The factory DOES NOT have them and alot of Ford truck has burnt up or almost burnt up. I found out the hard way and had to take all my dash out and re-wire it. Take your time and pay attention and wirte notes. Incase you get taken away for awhile

21 - 28 of 28 Posts