Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

281 - 299 of 299 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
Alright folks, I have come to the determination that I have to throw in the towel with this project. I was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis in 2013 and it has been steadily getting worse and worse. In light of that, this Bronco is going to require WAY too much energy out of me. I will still be doing some stuff but I have to start cutting back on my projects.

That being said, is this truck worth anything to anyone or should I just part out the top and Dana 44?

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,885 Posts
Sorry to hear, prayers sent

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,824 Posts
Sorry to hear you're having troubles. It looks like you've been doing great work. You might want to hold off on getting rid of it, & give yourself some more time to be sure.

I've hesitated to post this. I hate to be that guy, but if you decide that sending it on is the plan, I've been looking for a 78/79 offroad project for awhile & might be interested. Not knowing anything about diesels, I'd be more interested in anything left that could be used to keep it as a gas burner. I think you've already sold off the 351m & tranny. I have a spare 400 long block & t-case from a 78, but no trans. That would leave you in a place to sell off the diesel stuff separately, if you'd be willing to do so.

So, the hope from here is with some time you'll be able to work it out & keep it. If not, give me a shout & I might be half of the solution.

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 12V P-Pump Cummins, ZF5, Dana 60 Front, Sterling 10.25 Rear
393 Posts
Alright folks, I have come to the determination that I have to throw in the towel with this project. I was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis in 2013 and it has been steadily getting worse and worse. In light of that, this Bronco is going to require WAY too much energy out of me. I will still be doing some stuff but I have to start cutting back on my projects.

That being said, is this truck worth anything to anyone or should I just part out the top and Dana 44?
Awwww man I’m so sorry to hear! Loved having another Cummins swapper here but it’s not worth your health. I’m sure with the way 78/79s are selling nowadays you’ll get your money back in the very least. Wishing you the best man, you always made it look so easy!

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 12V P-Pump Cummins, ZF5, Dana 60 Front, Sterling 10.25 Rear
393 Posts
Sorry to hear you're having troubles. It looks like you've been doing great work. You might want to hold off on getting rid of it, & give yourself some more time to be sure.

I've hesitated to post this. I hate to be that guy, but if you decide that sending it on is the plan, I've been looking for a 78/79 offroad project for awhile & might be interested. Not knowing anything about diesels, I'd be more interested in anything left that could be used to keep it as a gas burner. I think you've already sold off the 351m & tranny. I have a spare 400 long block & t-case from a 78, but no trans. That would leave you in a place to sell off the diesel stuff separately, if you'd be willing to do so.

So, the hope from here is with some time you'll be able to work it out & keep it. If not, give me a shout & I might be half of the solution.
If this does happen, I have a C6 on the cheap, but definitely rooting for the keeping option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
35,926 Posts
Bummer on the project but I understand physical problems just taking it right out of a guy all too well.
Hope it gets better for ya. I'd consider keeping if you can and just pacing yourself but I understand if that's not really an option.

If I was looking to sell and he was looking to buy, I'd be happy as a pig in sh!t to work with El Kabong, fwiw.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
Same. Sorry to hear that bud, hope things get better. I have a fond heart for the green trucks! I think we even swapped some parts. Good luck with it and just know that you inspired me to consider starting to learn to weld - so thanks.
Dude, I am glad you are feeling inspired to weld. It really isn't that hard to get stuff to stick together, doing it pretty is the hard part. Grab some gas and grab a MIG welder and get after it!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
On March 3rd, El Kabong showed up with his Bronco and trailer to take my old project away. He is an awesome dude and definitely a salt of the earth type fellow. After a bit of work we got the sucker loaded up and it went on to its new home.

He also encouraged me to stick around even though I didn't have a Bronco anymore. So I will be sticking around. This time with my newly acquired 95 F150.

IMG_20200208_150352959_HDR by Paul Abbott, on Flickr

So here comes another thread!

·
35,926 Posts
It was a good little run while it lasted. I'm envious you got to shake "Mr. Kabong's" hand... social distance blah, blah. ;)

I stuck around while I was driving a damn V6 AT Yota, ffs. You're good. ?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #294
It was a good little run while it lasted. I'm envious you got to shake "Mr. Kabong's" hand... social distance blah, blah. ;)

I stuck around while I was driving a damn V6 AT Yota, ffs. You're good. ?
He is a good man. We got talking about all sorts of things. When things go nuts, he is a good guy to know. That much I can tell.

Thanks for the encouragement Pepe!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Nice man! Glad to see you are sticking around! And an F-150 of all things definitely validates ya. They’re basically a Bronco’s brother right? Haha

Also can confirm @El Kabong awesomeness. Very good man and glad to see your 79 go to someone who is going to utilize it quite well.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Glad to see it go to good owner. I'm looking at cutters/welders right now.

I only have 110v right now. Will the plasma cutter work on rusty floorpans on 110v or do I need 220 for that?

Stll love the green broncos- especially the rusty ones! Good luck with the new (old) ford and I am hoping to paint my intake and throw that carb you sold me on top this summer!

·
35,926 Posts
Glad to see it go to good owner. I'm looking at cutters/welders right now.
I only have 110v right now. Will the plasma cutter work on rusty floorpans on 110v or do I need 220 for that?
Not to get too far off-topic here but I just recently purchased a Hobart 210 MVP (mvp = 110 or 220) and installed a 220 plug for it off my box in the shop. There's a thread on it if you care. I haven't used it a lot... but so far, I've welded 1/4" braces over my plow mounts a-frame where it was cracking, then turned around and used it to rebuild some thin gauge metal on the Bronco tailgate skin. Versatile as hell with a range like that, portable as it can still use 110 easily in a pinch and for another $100 you can get a line attachment for Aluminum work. Purchased through CyberWeld.com and got a hood included. I also picked up a 10 ft. HD extension cord through them. With a cheap Harbor Freight weld cart, I'm set for most anything I'll ever need. (knock on wood)

Lots of good input on other options in the thread too... Advice on "cheap" welder shopping...

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #298
I only have 110v at my house too except for some circuits for an electric range and an electric dryer both of them are 220v. So I bought an adapter that went from the electric dryer to the standard welder plug format, then a fat extension cord to run outside. I had no issues.

I have no experience with 110v plasma cutters, but I would imagine for cutting floorboards, 110v would be fine. Just depends on the machine.

And Pepe, this topic (the 79 Bronco) is dead anyway! So its a free for all!

281 - 299 of 299 Posts