Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Only the Bronco
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Marti report on my old girl here

I know that this Bronco was used by a utility company (B.C. Hydro) before it was auctioned off, then eventually sold to me. I have had this Bronco since 98 (sold it for a year back in 2008, then bought it back)

here is the supermotors link to the Bronco so that you can get an idea of what it looks like. http://www.supermotors.net/registry/2706

interesting things on the report is:

Painted Low Mount Mirrors (Has chrome mirrors on it)
Heavy duty suspension Package (has front and rear sway bars, no dual shocks)
Custom package? (what is included in that? I looked at the Custom, Ranger, Ranger XLT and Lariet thread but couldn't make heads or tails)

The Bronco has aged very hard over the years and has had a few changes to it. But neat to see the history of when it was built.

·
Premium Member
3,696 Posts
Broncos had 2 trim packages in 78 & 79: Custom and Ranger XLT. No Ranger without XLT and no Lariat. The Custom is the base model but could be optioned with pretty much anything, so there are some highly optioned Customs around.

But there may be some differences in trim packages since this was delivered to Canada??

·
Registered
257 Posts
That's a cool color, it almost has a purple tint to it. Was it custom ordered to match the utility company colors?

·
Only the Bronco
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The color is Midnight Blue Metallic, the original color was baby blue (what the utility company used)

When I repaint it, it will be going back that color with a little more metallic flake in it

This is the original color

·
Registered
764 Posts
Nice truck, for sure. I've owned my '79 since 2000 and it lived in downtown Vancouver for about 10 years as well. Never saw a garage and it's still in excellent shape. Seeing how gracefully the truck has worn over the years, I don't think I will ever get rid of it.

·
Only the Bronco
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure as they were on the Bronco when I got it, so I could not tell you

·
Registered
375 Posts
Here is the marti report on my custom. I don't know how accurate these reports are. My tub doesn't have mounting locations for the bucket seats in the report. It also doesn't have the supports in the rear quarter panel for the tailgate mounted spare.

No sliding rear windows unless they were swapped out at some point.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Back in the day there were many available extra parts for the bronco. I know this because my 79 was used by heddman for the header protype, they were located in culver city, calif.
there were nerf bars, axle protection, brush guards, tube bumpers by all the off road company's..mine were made by smittybuilt, i knew them and again they used my truck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts