Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,838 Posts
I would check the 73-79 forum on FTE if you don't find anything here. I know I've seen pics of a factory CB over there, but it's been a long long time and I don't even remember what it looked like.

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,838 Posts
Also, just doing a google search for a factory 79 ford CB shows a CB mic just like the one you have. Obviously not definitive, but definitely looks promising.

·
Super Moderator
14,894 Posts
You can see the Ford logo right here..I'd say that's pretty definitive..

·
Super Moderator
25,001 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,346 Posts
Yes that is factory. It should have a dual use antenna too. It shares the antenna with the radio. The antenna should have about a 3" spring near the base.

They are fairly rare nowadays, but have been surpassed in terms of technology. Even CB in general has fallen out of favor for GMRS. So really only worth money to someone who really wants the factory CB.

Neat find for sure.

If @Ranger429 ever pops back on, he could tell you everything about them.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good I was excited I have never seen a factory one especially in a parts truck!!. He bought the truck to parts out to help pay for graduate school I think it would look great in a restored 79 ford truck

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 79 has the factory CB option. The control box is mounted behind the driver rear cargo panel close to where your knee would be when sitting. Cable runs from there to under the dash by my np203 lock light where there is a femal connector for the CB. When I got my truck the hand mic/ controller was missing. I’m still searching for one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts