Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,927 Posts
okiebronco said:
First thing i noticed is its not a 79...
It's becoming fairly common to see a '78/'79 with the early model front clip switched on. Probably the clip from the donor Crew Cab.

Too bad he ran out of steam before finishing the project. Trent did one and his looks great.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I'd like to see a '78-'79 Bronco w/ a '70 F-100 front clip. How hard would that be? Lot's of custom work or more of a bolt on? I like that more door, but I really doubt it'll bring the 2500 reserve.

·
Premium Member
12,536 Posts
Bronco Mels said:
It's becoming fairly common to see a '78/'79 with the early model front clip switched on. Probably the clip from the donor Crew Cab.
Exactly.

I think it will hit the reserve. 2500 is a pretty cheap price to pay for the work he has done to it provided it was welded right.

justinbigblockbronco said:
is that truck in ur pic an f150/bronco?
It is a 4 door Bronco, also known as a Centurion.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
It's cool but it needs way too much work

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
is it me or does it look like the rear drivers side quarter by the bumper probably has the worst case of rot ever... notice how the side veiw doesnt even show that part of the truck:wacko

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,927 Posts
STUPID said:
I'd like to see a '78-'79 Bronco w/ a '70 F-100 front clip. How hard would that be? Lot's of custom work or more of a bolt on? I like that more door, but I really doubt it'll bring the 2500 reserve.
I suppose it could be done, but it'd be more trouble than it's worth considering the body differences. From my understanding the '76/'77 model front clip swap is pretty much bolt on provided you use the entire front clip. A '70 is a different body style. I don't even think the '73-'75 models are close enough to swap. But I could be off on that. Ford is strange like that. In the case of the mid-60's F100s, the outside of the '61-'66s look exactly the same, but parts from the '61-'64s will not swap with the '65/'66s. The inner fenders are different, as well as the cabs.

81Bronk36 said:
is it me or does it look like the rear drivers side quarter by the bumper probably has the worst case of rot ever... notice how the side veiw doesnt even show that part of the truck.
I noticed that, too. It definitely looks like it's smashed in.

I tend to agree with Ranger, assuming the work done is good, he could get the $2500 for it. But with those little pics, he won't get near the bids. He needs MUCH better pics, especially showing where he joined the two bodies.

·
Registered
727 Posts
The back corner doesn't look smashed in it looks completely rotted out. Why go to the trouble of doing all that work and using rotten pieces.

·
Premium Member
12,536 Posts
81Bronk36 said:
is it me or does it look like the rear drivers side quarter by the bumper probably has the worst case of rot ever... notice how the side veiw doesnt even show that part of the truck:wacko

I did'nt even notice that but it is plain as day in this pic. Now I agree 2500 might be pushing it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts