Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gang, looking for some answers to a few questions as I dive into this restoration of my 79 Bronco for my daughter. As I mentioned in the intro forum, I grabbed it out of San Antonio Texas and it is now at the body shop stripped down. We are hanging 2 new Quarters on it and putting a new tailgate on. It was just going to be easier than fixing the old mud job that was already there. We were going to do a major color change with freewheeling decals but we scrapped it after I got the Marti report back. Come to find out that it's a pretty rare Beast. So here is my first question. On the build sheet it says that the truck is maroon metallic with candy apple within the racetrack. Code 1 and code t. The top is sand fiberglass. My question is, is the exterior part of the hard roof supposed to be candy apple? Or is it supposed to be sand color? Keep in mind that the underneath of the roof is a cream color which matches the sand chip in the Ford book. This thing has colors all throughout. Red seats, maroon Dash, cream headliner piece over the seats
, cream sun visors, and cream under roof. What the heck. Somebody read this build sheet and explain it to me please. Lol I'm a Mopar man, not a Ford guy.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Sounds like to me the interior colors you have are correct, and you got your answer on the exterior roof color. Nice project, keep us up to date!

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,363 Posts
I think it was pretty common for Ford to do a couple different shades of the same color for the interior in that era.

My Bronco is red/red on the inside with the darker maroon red for the dash pad and the lighter red for the vinyl seats. It also has the white/cream (hard to tell with 40+ years of dust) headliner and sun visors like yours does.

My 77 F-100 is jade green inside and out with a dark green dash pad, door panels, and carpet with a white headliner and sun visors.

As far as your top goes, I'm guessing from the Marti Report that the top would be that sand color on the outside. From all the pics of 78/79 Bronco tops I've seen, the tops are all white on the inside.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doose, thank you for the info. I think I have all of the interior colors correct. Im just having a hard time picturing the exterior with maroon, candyapple , and a cream top.... Odd...

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,053 Posts
Take a good full side picture and photo shop it to have a sand colored top. Then post up lots more pictures of the truck in the build thread for that thing.

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,363 Posts
Doose, thank you for the info. I think I have all of the interior colors correct. Im just having a hard time picturing the exterior with maroon, candyapple , and a cream top.... Odd...
Yeah, I actually googled pics trying to find something similar. There are quite a few pics of a red/cream two tone with a cream top, but nothing with a red/red two tone and cream top.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Marti said that there were only 4 in this combo. I haven't seen one on the internet...

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
1,860 Posts
Something to consider.. It may not be the original cap...

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
1,860 Posts
That's an understatement 😮

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
She is pretty excited. More important thing she's excited to learn how to drive a 4-speed. She has all of the trim polished, all of the racetrack is finished with new blackout in the center. We are way ahead of the body shop but they are coming along quite well down there too. Should be in primer in the next couple of weeks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Scored part of the week. NOS hood latch with the pull handle and key. Never installed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts