Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have read that the cardone pump 206244 and the napa part 816795 (perhaps they were the same?) would both be an upgrade the whiny stock PS pump. It seems that both of these have been discontinued and are now harder to find than D.B. Cooper. Maybe i just don't know where to look.

I've heard you can swap in a e series van bracket and a sag style pump. Is this the only way to upgrade these now? What vehicle do I need to find to get this pump and bracket? Is there any modification needed for the PS lines/box?

Thanks!

·
Registered
339 Posts
You can do one of 2 things. Get new brackets and saginaw pump (brackets will depend on what engine you have). Or find a 206244, which will bolt right up. It is a saginaw pump just like the others, but has a special horseshoe bracket on it that allows it to be a bolt in deal. BTW, check the For Sale threads, I think you'll find a brand new one in there. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I think I need more posts to view the for sale threads. Any idea on which bracket would need the least fabrication for a 351m? I've heard maybe some of the e series vans but I'm not sure what years. I've tried searching some of the bronco parts websites to see if they sell the bracket, no such luck as far as I can tell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts