Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
How did I get 6 Rigs??
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working on the brakes, and thought that this looked funny. Not too sure why I thought that, but it just looks like someone has messed with the shock or the springs? Is this stock, or has someone done something to the shocks? I don't know much about this vehicle, since the PO got it from a lien sale.

Attachments

·
OMF
2,957 Posts
Looks perfectly normal to me, other than completely worn out springs.
What specifically are you referring to?

·
How did I get 6 Rigs??
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For some reason, place where the lower part of the shock attached to the rear, looked kind of "home made", like it was made with angle iron or something. It didn't have a "finished" look to it, as I would have expected it to look coming from a Ford plant. Now, that might be normal, but I just wasn't too sure. Thanks for the feedback...new springs huh?

·
Ford Hoarder
I own a bunch of Broncos 10 or so . Lol
1,500 Posts
ya the shock mount is stock .

and ya need new springs really bad them are super shot. most likely even broke.

·
How did I get 6 Rigs??
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok...real stupid question. Are these "off the shelf" springs, or do I have to go to a "spring shop" go get some made? If I do have to get some made, should I upgrade somehow or use this as an opportunity for a suspension lift? COMPLETE NEWBEE right here folks!!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,648 Posts

·
OMF
2,957 Posts
I bet that thing rides like a train!!

·
How did I get 6 Rigs??
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is a good thing I like trains! yeah....it is a little rough on the old backside, but figured it was just part of the "character" that made me like it so much. I haven't had a chance to run it around a lot. I only got it a couple of weeks ago and have been working on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts