Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need one for a 79. i recently got in to a bad accident and killed mine. my glass is intack and my motor works i just need a replacement asap. i dont care bout the color(will be repainted shortly after i recive it) just needs to be in really good shape(aka rust free scratches are fine) i can reuse the motor and glass from mine. let me know im in nj

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
I have a couple to choose from, however, neither are from a 78-9. But, with a little effort, you can use the hardware from yours, on one of these tailgates, and have your replacement.

But I think the cost of shipping from OR would probly kill the deal

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I got one that has no rust except a tiny bit of surface rust. PM me if interested

·
Registered
52 Posts
gate

ANY gate 78-96 will fit your truck.TRY the bone yards.FOUND a 89 rust free one last week at a yard and a friend is putting it on his 79 .MIKE VERNON NJ

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
When your friend's done with that, post back here, with what changes he had to do, to get that '89 gate to fit his '79

and for a guy that needs one ASAP, he sure doesn't appear to be in a hurry to check back here

·
Registered
52 Posts
tailgate swap

GO to projectbronco.com then to -message board to technical board fourth item down.HOPE to see you at the meet june 2 carlisle pa.MIKE

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
anyone know the exact weight of a 78/79 bronco tailgate?

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have one in Carlstadt 07072. It's off a 79 and has all the hardware, but the window is off track and needs to be put back on. It has some rust, but still great for a NJ tailgate. I'll take $100 for it just to get it out of my boss's way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts