Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know if the glass is the same? I know tailgates are interchangable, but not sure about the glass. TIA for any input.:confused:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Well ill tell you this.I swapped tailgates from a 1982 Bronco to my 78 and the glass did fit but there is 2 one inch gaps at the corners because of the different types of tops.If you want i can trade you the 82 glass for the 79 you have.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd be happy to swap ya' raised....but I have serious concerns about UPS and package longevity this time of year. I just don'tthink the glass would make it....plus they don't insure glass (this is a road I've been down b-4 with them). But I do appreciate the offer:D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
davids78bronco said:
I shipped my rear glass to TX, with no problems at all
Really? how did you pack it? I started thinking 'bout building a 2X4 "frame" and padding the sides with bubble wrap, and slipping the whole thing in a box...think it would work?
thanx

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
I used styrofoam blocks at the corners, and middle sections of the edge of the glass, and used a combination of foam padding, and newspaper. Ideally, Fedex wanted the glass in a box, inside another box, but after I described how I had packed it, the guy felt this was enough, and it was. The box was about 7" thick, and 3" larger than than the glass, on all sides. I don't know if it had been abided by, but I had written "GLASS" on all sides of the box, with arrows on them, pointing in a direction that would place the box in a vertical position... much the same as if it were in the tailgate

Finding the box to pack it all in was the tricky part for me ... I ended up mummifying three boxes in packing tape, to make it all fit :brownbag

·
Banned
38,676 Posts
'78-79 glass is much wider at the top than '80-96. '78-82 tailgates have different latches & strikes from '83-96.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts