Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been wanting to do this for a long time, eventually I'll get the whole book into this thread.

Fuse panel.

Ignition Switch C-412.

Headlight Switch C-701.

Instrument Cluster with Gauges C-208A.

Instrument Cluster without Gauges C-208.

Voltage Regulator C-204.

Alternator C-209.

Control Module C-321.

Distibutor C-322.

Fender Apron Plug C-306.

·
Premium Member
12,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
TurnSignal Switch C-305.

Turn Signal Switch Connector C-713.

Brake Light Switch C-802.

Emergency Flasher C-805.

Turn Signal Flasher C-806.

·
22,811 Posts
yo Ranger429,
Great ! Ty!
Remember this? Could be a good reference to the work you are doing.
1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Manual (PARTIAL) by topsig at SuperMotors.net
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/24302/78593
Topsig was working to update it and make changes

In May, found that page 37 along with 38 is missing
Pages 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 44 46 jpgs are jacked (by InfoFord)

·
Registered
376 Posts
yo Ranger429,
Great ! Ty!
Remember this? Could be a good reference to the work you are doing.
1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Manual (PARTIAL) by topsig at SuperMotors.net
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/24302/78593
Topsig was working to update it and make changes

In May, found that page 37 along with 38 is missing
Pages 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 44 46 jpgs are jacked (by InfoFord)
I wonder where one could get an 1978 Ford Bronco Wiring Manual?
TIA,
Tim

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have a question

I have a dead short that blows fu2 which is the fuse for the instrument panel lights, I have the wiring manual and have found the correct circuit but I am not sure what one of the terminology means one side goes to a splice 806 the other side goes to splice 805 if I remember correctly, my question is in the description it says near T/O what does T/O mean? I'm thinking the T might mean terminal but what about the O?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have a dead short that blows fu2 which is the fuse for the instrument panel lights, I have the wiring manual and have found the correct circuit but I am not sure what one of the terminology means one side goes to a splice 806 the other side goes to splice 805 if I remember correctly, my question is in the description it says near T/O what does T/O mean? I'm thinking the T might mean terminal but what about the O?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Ned Check ford trucks ent. Under electrical. It stands for take out.

I would have said Turn Out, but Take Out works too. It's where the wiring harness branches off to something, such as the T/O to the ignition switch, or the T/O to the headlight switch.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Vectored wiring diagrams

I got a bug in me to try and make vectored versions of the 79 master wiring diagrams. The only diagrams I could find on the internet were raster images from scans, which are fairly low res and lots of jpg artifacting.

Vectored versions are super clean at any zoom level and print as sharp as your printer is capable of. You could print a wall sized one and still have razor sharp edges and text.

My first goal is to just make direct conversions with only some very minor formatting changes. After that, I may try to make some enhancements. For example, colorizing them so lines are colored same as the wires. Maybe add some extra info, remove some redundant info, eliminate abbreviations, etc.

I just finished page 1 of 9. It took many hours, hoping I'm more efficient now for rest of pages, but will take a long time to get through the rest. I also made the circuit code page scans into a spreadsheet which makes them sortable, searchable, filterable, etc.

Attached is 1 of 9 if anyone is interested or could find this useful. I would also be interested if anyone can do some review for mistakes, or any feedback/suggestions.

Hmm, looks like pdf/zip files are limited to only 10k??? That's a weird limit for PDF. File is only 75k. So for now, I have the files hosted and linked to below. They'll be available as long as I maintain my account. :)

79 Master Wiring Diagrams

• Circuit Codes (MS Excel)
  • Diagram 1 of 9 (PDF)
  • Diagram 2 of 9 (pending)
  • Diagram 3 of 9 (pending)
  • Diagram 4 of 9 (pending)
  • Diagram 5 of 9 (pending)
  • Diagram 6 of 9 (pending)
  • Diagram 7 of 9 (pending)
  • Diagram 8 of 9 (pending)
  • Diagram 9 of 9 (pending)

·
Registered
222 Posts
are you re-drawing them in CAD from scratch? That looks fantastic.
Thanks! Yeah, I put the scan as a background layer, and then draw lines, shapes and text over the scanned image.

I'm using OpenOffice Draw since its free and does what I need.

For the circuit codes, I used an online OCR scanner and then spent a couple hours pasting things into Excel and fixing the many mistakes the scanner made.

·
9,532 Posts
im sure there are a whole mess of people that will appreciate all the effort you are putting in on this project. I have been using CAD for years to do small things, and a few big things. Im by no means an expert, or even a novice, but I know exactly how much work it is to take on a project like this. Looking at your initial drawing, you have done a fantastic job. Im just thankfull I have all the drawings for my 94 in vector format.

·
Registered
222 Posts
About halfway through page 2. Very slow process, but get an hour or two in here and there. Tried a few more auto tracing/conversion apps, but what they leave you with is more work to correct than just doing it from scratch.

·
Registered
358 Posts
About halfway through page 2. Very slow process, but get an hour or two in here and there. Tried a few more auto tracing/conversion apps, but what they leave you with is more work to correct than just doing it from scratch.
These look amazing so far. Any progress since the last post?

·
Registered
222 Posts
These look amazing so far. Any progress since the last post?
Unfortunately no. My computer died and never got the software installed on the new computer. Then life happened. Hopefully this winter will get back at it. A few weeks ago, I got back into my Bronco again, and also got the software installed, but that's about as far as I got. :duh

Now just need to get back into it again and remember the procedure I was taking, etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts