Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the forum and just picked up a 79 bronco custom with a 400 the engine is pretty much not even worth rebuilding because of rust but i live in california what should i swap in that will fit the 4 speed manual

·
Registered
493 Posts
351 or 400 those were the options at the time. Why do you say it's not worth rebuilding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because its all rusted out 1 of the intake ports in the heads os rusted out the entire intake manifold is bubbled with rust on the underside, the cams flat, it was run on 7 cylinders as a daily for 6 months and didnt have an air filter the entire time

·
Super Moderator
24,686 Posts
Yo That one dumbass,
Welcome!

Consider a Remanufactured Crate Engine. Others here will give you sources.

Here's the Ford 1979 Bronco/F Series Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual via Ziggy⚠⚠⚠ @
1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Manual pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
It shows Electrical component location, operation, troubleshooting, with wiring and vacuum diagrams.

1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Schematics, Connector Pin-outs, etc by Ranger429 @ 79 wiring schematics

1979 Bronco Brochure @ http://www.auto-brochures.com/makes/Ford/Bronco/Ford_US Bronco_1979.pdf

1979 Ford Bronco vs. Blazer Article by Ford via Indybronco @ 1978 Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Blazer (79) pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Ford Shop Manual Diagrams: 1978-1979 Full Size Shop Manuals, partial @ Technical Diagrams Archives
My Tablet takes hours to download, so try the first in this list as long as you have Adobe Acrobat 9 or later installed.
Includes:
Wiring Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Rear Lights Diagram
Motor Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Air Cleaner Diagram
Chassis Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes '78 Brakes Diagram, Gas Tank Setup Diagram
Body Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes; Upper Body Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, heater Ducts Diagram, Tailgate Diagram, Console Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, Grill Setup Diagram, Heater Controls Diagram, Interior Trip Diagram, Rear Sheetmetal Diagram, Tiltwheel Diagram, Tire Rack
Let me know if the downloads are worth the effort.

See Bubba's M-Block Ford V8 Workshop by Dave Resch

Partial Chilton Manual for 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981 Bronco. Scanned by broncocity.com @ Bronco City

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as 1978-'79 Bronco Tech that requires 30 posts to view or post) or 1978-'79 Bronco Tech, Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view), etc.

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Signature with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.

Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

View attachment 154202

On that first page, named Account Details, scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.

View attachment 154203

View attachment 154204

Our Forum FAQs includes for example, How to Use Search and more tips!

See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)

➡ Try to find time to participate in and Vote in our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests.
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes! They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!

Al

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the information i appreciate the welcome ive recived other forums ive been to are very mean spirited to newcomers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts