Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got my 4:88 gears, master install kit, and Detroit Locker and think this eliminator is the last thing I need.

I am looking to keep my wheel in place in the event of an axle failure, so I'm looking to eliminate the c-clip and retain the axle otherwise.

I did find a thread mentioning the $500+ Superior Axle & Gear Super88, but it's for Explorer width axles for the Jeep crowd :twak

Ford Racing makes one, but I'm thinking Moser Engineering's looks best. http://www.moserengineering.com/Pages/C-Clip/eliminators.html

I'm thinking mine would need part number 9300 ( 1979-2004 7.5" & 8.8" Mustangs, Capris, & Fox Body Fords (for stock axles - 1.400" seat)). Can anyone confirm the 1.4" seat for me?

Do we think these will work on my '95 F150's 8.8?

I didn't find any golden threads on the subject when I searched, but I won't pretend to be 'advanced' at my searching.

Thanks for input!

·
Registered
75 Posts
For me the only reliable way to do a c-clip eliminator is to use 9'' rear outers welded on the axle tubes. When i was looking into this in 1995 for my mustang 8.8 there were many failures of the c-clip kits on street driven cars. They cant handle side loading and were just a drag race option. Maybe things changed in latter years i dont know

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For me the only reliable way to do a c-clip eliminator is to use 9'' rear outers welded on the axle tubes. When i was looking into this in 1995 for my mustang 8.8 there were many failures of the c-clip kits on street driven cars. They cant handle side loading and were just a drag race option. Maybe things changed in latter years i dont know
Good info. Thank you. I bet they're no different. Anyone got anything? :popc1:

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
That's exactly what I found when researching the topic. I don't see any reason to put money into an 8.8 when the 9" conversion is almost bolt-on.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
:stupid exactly what I've heard

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
i wanted to also do a c clip eliminator kit, but how about this...
i figured it would be better to just run the c clip and do a rear disc brake conversion. in case of axle shaft failure, you willl
still keep the wheel and axle from passing you, and you get better brakes too

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,902 Posts
That's exactly what I found when researching the topic. I don't see any reason to put money into an 8.8 when the 9" conversion is almost bolt-on.
this only applys for guys running a 91 or older bronco/f150 that doesnt require the rear tone ring sensor so the speedo,abs,tach and Od work properly.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
this only applys for guys running a 91 or older bronco/f150 that doesnt require the rear tone ring sensor so the speedo,abs,tach and Od work properly.
There are easy, bolt-on fixes for that too. It's a common swap for desert trucks as the 8.8 just doesn't cut it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts