Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting everything together, to rebuild my 8.8.! Timken axle bearings and races, TA cover Girdle, Aussie Locker, and Timken/races carrier bearings. That said, I will be doing this myself and was wondering if I redo the carring bearing and races will that effect the ring and pinion cantact points, in that I will need to have them checked for allignment?

·
Registered
2 Posts
8.8 Diagram

I actually don't have an answer but was wondering if you could help me because I'm doing something similar. I'm looking for someone who has a diagram of parts in the 8.8. I believe I have a bad axle bearing on the passenger side causing slop enough to cause the drum to rub against the outer edge of the pads. I'm trying to pin point it for a fix but can't find any illustrations. Do you have anything that could help?
Thanks Much
W. Mac

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
I actually don't have an answer but was wondering if you could help me because I'm doing something similar. I'm looking for someone who has a diagram of parts in the 8.8. I believe I have a bad axle bearing on the passenger side causing slop enough to cause the drum to rub against the outer edge of the pads. I'm trying to pin point it for a fix but can't find any illustrations. Do you have anything that could help?
Thanks Much
W. Mac
Get a Haynes or a Chiltons

1 - 6 of 6 Posts