Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday, I am going to be installing a Aussie locker in my 8.8 axle. It states if the spider gears pinon shaft is worn replace and the side gear thrust washer also.

So, I decided to replace anyway. I picked up a new pinon shaft, but the side gear thrust washer does not look like a whasher and want to see if someone here had a pic.

What the Ford dealer parts guy showed me looked more like a 1" sleeve or piece of pipe with a raise ring more or less around the center.

The exploded diagram in my Haynes manual looks to be a flat type washer. Does any have pic, part number, or any help just to make sure getting the right side gear washer.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts

Top left to right side gear shim, side gear (2 each), Bottom left to right spider gears (2 each), centerpin with retaining bolt, and C-clips (2 each)

Probably buying a aussie too, this weekend. You mean the side gear shim?

·
a renegade of funk
3,241 Posts
Monday, I am going to be installing a Aussie locker in my 8.8 axle. It states if the spider gears pinon shaft is worn replace and the side gear thrust washer also.

So, I decided to replace anyway. I picked up a new pinon shaft, but the side gear thrust washer does not look like a whasher and want to see if someone here had a pic.

What the Ford dealer parts guy showed me looked more like a 1" sleeve or piece of pipe with a raise ring more or less around the center.

The exploded diagram in my Haynes manual looks to be a flat type washer. Does any have pic, part number, or any help just to make sure getting the right side gear washer.

the part the parts monkey showed you was a crush collar/sleeve.
there are also side gear shims to be used as well.
i cannot remember if the 8.8 has the crush sleeve in it. it probably does and needs to be replaced and properly installed when the pinion shaft is removed

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, went back to stealer ship and talked to the part GIRL!::shocked She got me hooked up, so Monday I will give it a go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.