Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know anybody that makes any 8" Coil springs to go on my F-150 with a SAS '79 Dana 44 front end? I'm using the '79 coil brackets and have 6" coils right now but could use 2 more inches.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Superlift used to make 8" coils for the 78-79's. Think they only come in 6" and 9" now though. Ive heard the superflex coils from Broncograveyard are more like 7-8" coils than 6" ers so you might want to check that avenue out.

·
Registered
647 Posts
if you only need 2 inches drop your upper spring perch down. Seen a few guys do it just weld whatever size square tubing u need to the bottom of the frame then lower it down and mount it as u please, very cheap fix.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
roach57 said:
if you only need 2 inches drop your upper spring perch down. Seen a few guys do it just weld whatever size square tubing u need to the bottom of the frame then lower it down and mount it as u please, very cheap fix.
My coil buckets are already dropped, i just cut the bottom of them off where they hung below the frame and welded the top to my shock hoop.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Von said:
Superlift used to make 8" coils for the 78-79's. Think they only come in 6" and 9" now though. Ive heard the superflex coils from Broncograveyard are more like 7-8" coils than 6" ers so you might want to check that avenue out.
Your right about Superlift coils being 9", I may have to go with them if I can't find anybody that makes 8" coils.

I checked out the superflex coils on Bronco grave yard and they are only listed as 6", don't think I'm willin to risk $160 on them being taller than advertised.

Anybody else know where I can get some 8" coils?

·
Registered
647 Posts
skyjacker carries some 8" for 83 - 90 Bronco II and a 83 - 97 Ranger and quite a few jeeps if you wanted to find some different mounts, otherwise if you are a decent fabricator you can raise up your lower coil buckets with some tubing, :shrug trying to throw out some ideas for ya

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
roach57 said:
skyjacker carries some 8" for 83 - 90 Bronco II and a 83 - 97 Ranger and quite a few jeeps if you wanted to find some different mounts, otherwise if you are a decent fabricator you can raise up your lower coil buckets with some tubing, :shrug trying to throw out some ideas for ya
yeah thanks but would really like to be able to buy some 8" coils without having to change anything, may just have to go with some 9"s

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tbonemcniel said:
get 9" and "unlower" ur coil mounts
I can't really unlower my coil mounts cause they are welded to my shock hoop and even if i cut them off I wouldn't be able to raise my buckets and I can't move the shock hoop up higher than it already is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts