Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have had the front parts and the 14 bolt for the rear of the bronco gathering dust in the garage, now that I have finished up the beadlocks, I figured it was time to get started on the swap....so on a whim I threw my tires and rear axle up for sale, and damn if they didnt sell quick...

Kinda wanna cry with the bronco looking like this right now...

so this weekend I will begin the front swap...I am going to replace the ball joints on both sides for safety sakes, ( I was beginning to get a bad wobble on the passenger side and before removing the tire I could shake it pretty good)

More pics to follow as it progresses.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Planning to bump to 37s eventually, or are you just gonna run 35s until you put a 60 in the front and then step up to something really big?

It always is kinda sad for me to look at something I'm about to really hack into and know it'll never be the same...

·
BurnedB's competition.
2,039 Posts
So whats keeping you from getting the rear axle in? :rockon

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Planning to bump to 37s eventually, or are you just gonna run 35s until you put a 60 in the front and then step up to something really big?

It always is kinda sad for me to look at something I'm about to really hack into and know it'll never be the same...
I have a set of 35's for now, and a buddy of mine just approached me with an offer to buy his 85 ford dually 4x4, but does not want to sell it until he can sell his toy box, so if all goes right I will grab that after the first of the year and swap the 60 under the bronco, thru the D44 with the 8 lug back under the dually and have both a 1 ton bronco and a decent tow vehicle.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Kind of sad but also exciting. Gonna be even more awesome once it's finished. Good to see that even though you have one of the most admired trucks on here you are still willing to tear into it to make it better. :beer

·
Registered
651 Posts
Looks great but sad at the same time.

I know it has been ask before and i tried searching but nothing. How did you install those lights on the A pillar? I would love to install mine there!

-Curtis-

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks great but sad at the same time.

I know it has been ask before and i tried searching but nothing. How did you install those lights on the A pillar? I would love to install mine there!

-Curtis-
custom made brackets using nut inserts into the A-pillar...theres pics on my supermotors somewhere.

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
edited to make more sense with your rename.

Cant wait to see your finished product.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Tim it's going to be nice when it is all said and done with.

How are those leafs holding up in the front from years of wheeling on them?

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
parts gathering....

update, mainly spent the weekend gathering parts and cleaning and painting the ones I already had....

new Moog ball joints...

all new inner/outer bearings and seals...

pass side torn down....

it appears that I have a leak in one of the plug welds....

so now I get to yank the whole axle out and weld up the plug holes, since its going to be out I am going to weld the tubes to the housing and pull the carrier and replace the inner seals.

more pics to follow.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.