Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I building my F250 up and i need a 8" rear spring. The only 8" rear spring for a ford i found was for a bronco, but was $600. The 6" rear spring for the F250 is $302(pro comp). Im sure theres a way of not needing to run a block in there. I HATE BLOCKS! Im just not 100% sure of how to do it:banghead. Will it work if i get the 6" springs and use a long leaf aal, or am i also going to need a short leaf aal. I already am running a reverse shackle kit, im working on 13" of lift or so. so 8 or 9" springs will be perfect. thanks for any help guys.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,865 Posts
there are various spring companys, might contact them about building springs specific for your needs. national is a brand that comes to mind.

·
Registered
904 Posts
get a longer shackle. Like plug says, leaf springs REALLY suck when you start arching them. They dont flex for crap and they are pretty unstable to ride on.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You wouldnt by any chance know where i can get a longer shackle woud ya?
thanks again guys

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
belltech makes a 150 2wd lowering shackle that is 7.5" long. It needs spacers at the hanger, and widening by 1/4" at the springeye, but many of us have been using them for years. a search should turn up lots of info, or there are some pics on my sf.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts