Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specifically, a lower rebuild kit or numbers for ALL the lower retainer parts. I attempted to swap my floppy intermediate steering shaft with one from the junkyard this morning. Previously, I found out that the preload spring, sleeve, and bushing that takes up the slop between to the two halves of the telescoping steering shaft had been removed from mine. I also just found out that the yoke on my intermediate shaft had been pinched together before being driven onto the shaft from the column, causing the shaft inside the column to come out and the entire lower bearing, retainer, housing, lock ring(s), etc., to explode before the yoke would come off. It's probably why the retainer housing was damaged when I purchased the truck.

Right now, my only option is to put it back together with what I have, with NO lower parts whatsoever, and drive it the way it is until I can drop $80 at the junkyard for one that may or may not actually come out of the truck. Most of the ones I've found around here have had the whole engine compartment packed with mud to increase the weight when dragging them over the scales...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts