1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Item name: KayLine Soft Top
SOLD

Description:
I have to sell this unfortunatly. I need the space in my garage where my hardtop is sitting. Finally getting a DD. Wooh!!! :thumbup

This is a used top it does show its age. It does not leak even under extreme rain.

Included are all the neccessary mounting hardware and parts. ie: screws, bolts, canvas, mounts, snaps, etc.

I also have printed instructions on installation.

Also, one of the zippers for the rear window is finicky and needs replacement.
I have gotten the repair quoted and it cost about $50-75 to fix. Any marine canvassing store should be able to fix it.

The entire kit was sanded, primed and repainted at the beginning of the summer.

I would prefer local sale of this simply because it is a large size and finding suitable boxes would be difficult.

I have this also listed in craigs list. I figure I would let you guys have a crack at it as well.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/pts/791984505.html

Location (City): N. Va - MD - DC
ZIP CODE (for shipping calculations): 22102
Will you Ship? (Y/N): Y, PM for quotes!
Payment method (PayPal, check, MO, etc): Paypal or Money Order.
Other info: You can reach me via PM

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
hey I have an idea,

How about every put really nice stuff up for sale when I have no money, and they are semi-local to me.......

Best of luck to you, but I don't think you will need it. I think there was a vendor looking for one not to far back, look in the wanted section.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,916 Posts
you have a pm

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey I have an idea,

How about every put really nice stuff up for sale when I have no money, and they are semi-local to me.......

Best of luck to you, but I don't think you will need it. I think there was a vendor looking for one not to far back, look in the wanted section.
Sorry bro!!! :toothless

Yeah I saw that a few weeks back he's looking for the Soft Top Co. one!
Best of luck to him!

D

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Go to Uhaul and get mirror boxes, or get a bicycle box.
Good Idea! :thumbup:thumbup

I don't think I would have come up with that!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would be interested if the shipping+price isnt too bad. If nobody bites on it and you could give me a deal, i'd maybe do it.

pm me if you wana work out a chipped price

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
Sorry bro!!! :toothless

Yeah I saw that a few weeks back he's looking for the Soft Top Co. one!
Best of luck to him!

D

STC actually got their design or bought it from Kayline. and in looking at your top, aside from whatever fabric your's is made of (mine is a shiny black vinyl) your top looks identical to my STC.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
STC actually got their design or bought it from Kayline. and in looking at your top, aside from whatever fabric your's is made of (mine is a shiny black vinyl) your top looks identical to my STC.
Interesting... :popc1:

I may have sold it locally. I'll keep you posted people!

D

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Need to get boxes, get it off my truck and get real quotes for people. I love to slack! Though I may have a local sale, I will find out for sure by Friday!!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Still for sale people. I also lowered asking price a little. :thumbup

Please though PM me with your zipcodes for quotes.

D

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
I sold a similar top (Fastrack style) this spring and used a bumper box for the cloth which I rolled around the mounting brackets and then made my own box for the cab pieces that are almost 45 degree bends, worked out well and wasn't too pricey to ship, like $70ish I think.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The top is still fo sale!

Bare with me people. I am real busy with work. I will get you guys your quotes. At which point it will be sold to the best offer.

Also, I managed to find the front bow supports. :thumbup:thumbup

So aside from the finicky zipper this is great find.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
The top is still fo sale!

Bare with me people. I am real busy with work. I will get you guys your quotes. At which point it will be sold to the best offer.

Also, I managed to find the front bow supports. :thumbup:thumbup

So aside from the finicky zipper this is great find.
Hey Dan, from my post 11 above, I was able to find my STC instructions, and I had a set of Kayline instructions. STC did buy out kayline....they used the same instruction sheet but put there name on it, and the Denver street address was the same. Just an interesting tidbit.;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts