Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been awhile since i been muddin in the 80' but it still has the 4wd problem, I lock the hubs, put it in 4hi or 4 lo and it usually works when i start out but by the time im in the mud its 2wd so it kicks in and out. I kinda thought it might be the T-case but it looks new or remanufactured, I also considered the hubs but idk what it is. I got new axles,u-joints,ect in August and took it mudding at a mudding party put her in 4 and went into 1' of watery mud and it wasent working so i had my friend pull me out got out and unlocked the hubs drove around in 2wd then put it in 4 low and it went through the one i got stuck in before so it worked for about an hour then i tried to climb a small hill and all i got was the rear tires spinning...does anybody know or think they know what the problem is? I gotta get the 4wd working again. its like it kicks in and out or somthing isint grabbling but i look and the front drive shaft dosent spin when it dose it so what could it be?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Id do a SAS but im giving away my 79 with the dana44 and no one around here would help me do it anyways.

K

·
0 Posts
hey, do you still have the stock automatic hubs? those could be your problem... mine as well as im sure half of the people on here have gone out... replace em with the warn manual hubs - like 50 or 60 a set i think, pretty easy install :thumbup

·
Registered
71 Posts
you said that you front d-shaft isnt spinning wich means that your t-case is a POS. what i would say to do is first chech your shifter linkage for a bent or broken peice and if not that than go ahead and rip out your transfer case and either rebuild it or look for a working used one. guessing that it is a np208 thry are etremely easy to find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts