Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Haven't been around for awhile. Sold my 88, didn't have time and was sad to see it sitting, it deserved to be used. Now, I have time, as I've moved jobs and home (I work/live on ranches, so when I move jobs, I move houses too).
Anyway, my new boss is an offroader as well (Sadly, a Jeep guy, I'm trying to convert him to the blue oval but it's not going well). He knows of an 81(He thinks) FSB that's been sitting for some time. He's pretty sure we could get it reasonably. What I'm wondering, is that he thinks it's an army surplus, since it's painted the same colours as an army truck. Is there any way to tell? Are there any benefits IE. add-ons, extras, of buying a surplus Bronco? Thanks for your help guys!
Rob

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Army never used Broncos. Just some guy who decided to paint his truck camo or OD green.

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Search for "military Broncos". There was a thread here not too long ago. Supposedly a few were used by the Army & Air Force.

·
******* Till I Die
963 Posts
Yep! No Broncos were used by the military.
Not entirely true. There were about 150 or so used by the military with military badges. However, they were the 67 year BKO. However, there are a few that have been used on bases, but they are stockers and were not an "official" military vehicle. From what I understand, they may or may not have military ID plates. I believe they were mainly used for patrol duty. There was a pic that I saw recently that had a 94 - 96 BKO with lights on it for a military base patrol vehicle. BTW, I started the thread on military broncos.

Anyways, Icemans, the chances of it being a BKO used by the military are slim to none. The BKO was probably painted military colors as indicated above.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts