Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I'm installing a generic painless 28 circuit kit into my 82 bronco. I've installed a new starter with starter solenoid attached so doing away with the starter relay. So have run the painless kit for the engine and hooked it into the ford ignition switch (4 wires - battery power in, the ACC feeds Ign and fuse box, then start feeds starter solenoid. When you turn to there the ACC's loose power feed). The problem I have is it cranks fine but the coil is only getting power when the switch is back at the ACC position ie the run area. Switched all the way to start cos the coil gets power from the ACC position, its ceases to get power in the start position and so ...no start just cranking. So.....on the switch connector there are two terminals that provide power for start. One I have the wire to the starter solenoid hooked into. I'm wondering if I jump the other one across to the ACC Ign feed so when I switch to start that ACC feed still gets power and therefore the coil gets power on start. The when I retuinr the switch to run it receives the normal ACC power feed.

Problem is I don;t know if this cause me any grief. The painless instructions are vague on this and a copy of another manual so talk abouit a pink 931 wire that this kit does not have. Makes it a little difficult to work out. Any help would be appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts