Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there,ijust bought a 82 bronco,ive started to pull the interior out for a resto job and ive found rust in the pillers of the front window,and a lot around the door frame,in the floor and the fire wall,now im not sure if its going to be worth doing,are these known rust areas in broncs and are there replacement parts .:red :whiteflag

·
Registered
561 Posts
hi there,ijust bought a 82 bronco,ive started to pull the interior out for a resto job and ive found rust in the pillers of the front window,and a lot around the door frame,in the floor and the fire wall,now im not sure if its going to be worth doing,are these known rust areas in broncs and are there replacement parts .:red :whiteflag
Hi and welcome to FSB. :rockon

I have a 90 that has her share of rust. Did a tank repair last fall here are some of my pics

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156741&highlight=EzPc

On to your question, not too sure about the 80 but my initial thought is yes if you get one that has been let for for a long time you will most likely have a bunch of rust to deal with. LMC Truck is a great source for aftermarket part for our trucks. There is also a sticky at the top of the post page with other info including "Recommended FSB catalogs".
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99065

All in all if you are serious about keeping your bronco those links along with help from the folks here will help get your bronco back into shape...

I would suggest some pics of the cancer so that others who have much more experience then I could give you their insight. Ultimately the decision will be yours as you will be the one doing the work...

Good luck

·
Registered
990 Posts
Can you post pics of how bad it is? Just my opinion, but these trucks are cheap enough, that sometimes they arn't worth fixing(unless your attached to it).

What part of the country are you in? The junkyards here in WA are full of rust free 80-96 bodys.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi from paul with 82 bronc,thanks for tips ile try n put some photos on ,im from australia and over here you dont see many broncos ,i paid 3000 for it and im going to try n do most of the work myself,for a really good bronc here there going for anything up to 30/40 grand so im thinking if i put a bit of effort and 5 to 10 grand i should have a good rig hmmm .ive started to take it back to bare metal and ile take the shell off n clean n paint everything, its a 351 on gas n petrol and already has a holly carbie ,im starting to get the bug of being a bronc owner yeeha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts