Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #41
Good morning everybody! So Here is my update from this weekends work: I had the battery fully charged and checked. Good battery! Cleaned all contacts and wires on the alternator. They were covered in rust. Had to remove the air pump to really do a good job. After that, the truck started ever time and tested over 14 volts. The alt is working properly now and the battery is no longer loosing the charge.

At fuse box I found the tan/white wire that is susposed to power the dash/illumination stuff has no power at the fuse box but does have power at the headlight switch. As I don't want to disturb the harness in that tight area to find the break in power I am thinking on splicing in and adding a new wire and running it to the fuse. I read about that on a forum somewhere but they gave no details. Thoughts/advice would be appreciated! I don't want to botch this one.

Also found one end of the Lt blue/red wire that also powers dash lights. It was cut in between the glove box and radio. Looking for the other end still to re-attach. Unless they used it for a aftermarket radio.

I will be checking the NSS next as suggested. It might take me a while as I am learning as I go but it sure does feel good to learn something and accomplish something. Thanks to all as usual. Your help is priceless.

Registered
Just so long as the splicer wire is not a duplicate Cole for another circuit .the overlay shouldn鈥檛 be a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
Yay... Glad u got the starting issue figured out... My gut was telling me alternator with the drain going on, but I thought u had checked all that after my first post/suggestion about checking/replacing and cleaning all starting system wires and contacts... Lol nobody listens to the girl 馃槒
Seriously tho, glad ya got it.

Registered
I sometimes have to clean my battery terminals . It will make mine not start and kill the battery for some reason . I don鈥檛 think it鈥檚 about not listening to you . As much as we might not think it would be that easy .

Registered
Discussion Starter #45
Good morning to all. Broncmom I actually did listen and thought it cool and impressive and inspiring the knowledge you had and the advice you gave. I just did a half a-- job cleaning some things that I felt like I couldn't access. I've learned the hard way, if something is in your way unbolt it, move it and do a good job. Then put it back. I am going to google "duplicate Cole for another circuit" to figure out what that means from ponyman and then try and make it happen. After that I will get back to the NSS and figure out if that needs to be replaced.

Registered
I really was just kinda teasing about the no one listening to the girl... But just kinda teasing 馃槝

Registered
Oh I know it鈥檚 al good my feelings are not hurt . I was was trading too no need to worry we r all good. What year bronco do you have.

Registered
She's an 82 @ponyman2013 ... The bullnose generation... The BEST generation 馃槒

41 - 50 of 50 Posts