Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbie to this forum, but have been working on an '82 for several months.

Anyone know of a good source for dash parts. I'm talking the complete dash plastic, glove box, ash tray, etc; not just the dash caps & radio/instrument panel bezels, etc.

Thanks in advance for the input.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
300RUM said:
I'm a newbie to this forum, but have been working on an '82 for several months.

Anyone know of a good source for dash parts. I'm talking the complete dash plastic, glove box, ash tray, etc; not just the dash caps & radio/instrument panel bezels, etc.

Thanks in advance for the input.
I scored some near mint stuff, for nearly nothing, at junkyards for my 86 (same as your generation). At the age yours is you'll need to hit the older, more rural junkyards, as the new ones in my area crush stuff that old.

A suggestion for you. Eddie Bauers started, on Broncos, in 85. If you hunt down some 85 and 86 Eddies and XLT F-150s (same dashes), you should be able to score some more upscale dash parts and trim for it.

Forget about colour, at that age grab whatever's cheap and in good condition and use VHT vinyl spray paint to make them match your interior.

A couple of pointers. Non-A/C trucks had huge deep glove compartment inserts, where as A/C equipped truck were much more shallow.

You should also grab the factory tach equipped gauge clusters whenever you run across them. Most of them also feature a trip meter too.

Steve83 has pics at his site of most of what you're after. Check out the recent interiors thread somewhere else here too.

Sixlitre

1 - 2 of 2 Posts