Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
np, we'll help where we can man, don't feel bad to ask questions, even if they feel silly. I bought my truck with zero working windows, took about 1 hr and had all three working, though the pass side doesn't work well, the seals are too tight.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! This '82 is definitely going to be a project. Hasn't run since 2005, rear tailgate is pushed in, has what looks like been "converted" to points ignition, carb won't open.....the whole works! Was delivered on a wrecker last night, sight un-seen.

·
Super Moderator
5,564 Posts
Not sure on plans yet, got it to fire up w starting fluid for a moment. Was hoping it had the NP 435 trans for the low first gear, but it is the 4 spd OD model. SROD I believe.
Not to derail the post too much, but do you know the history of it?
For one, the 351w (5.8) didn't come with a manual transmission at all.
IF it did, it was because someone special ordered it.
And then, if it did, it did NOT come with an SROD.
The SROD is a lightweight transmission that would get wrecked behind a 351.

The other thought is that it was originally a 300 I6 with the SROD, and someone swapped a 351 into it.

Either way, once you get it running, I'd take it easy on that transmission with that engine.
If you're good with swaps and such, I'd look into an NP-435, or a ZF5 swap.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I do not know the history, just bought on local classifieds (ksl.com). The ID plate on reads "G" in 8th digit -engine, and "B" under trans code. The autocheck report reads as 5.8 as well. I'm going to measure intake manifold, but it looks like a 351 vs a 302.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.