Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i think i have driven my bronco a total of 20 miles since i bought it! it had an oil leak coming from the valve cover and the carb wasnt securely fastened to the intake. i took it to my buddys shop and we tore it down and left it overnight, came back the next day and put everything back together and started it and it had a bad knock. turned out that a lifter hung up and and was ground down like a pencil eraser!:banghead! I replaced the lifters and the cam w a Crane blazer midrange cam and lifters. i havent finished the install yet but i have about an hrs work left. but im looking forward to driving the wheels off this tough bastard!:rockon

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,071 Posts
Make sure you properly break that cam in. And if you don't know how to do this, please ask before running it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Lol I feel you pain brother. I bought my truck with half the EEC III system hacked off and about a million vacuum leaks. As soon as I fixed them the alternator seized, like literally instantly. I put on a 3g but the Duraspark III feeds through the regulator I removed, no spark... Lol. It's a constant battle with something this old man, but it's sooo part of the experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts