Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't done much so far. I've ordered a bunch of parts, some have arrived. I'm working on a '69 Mustang for a customer, building a '69 F100, building a greenhouse and so forth. So this won't be done in rocket time. But I'll work steady on it as time allows. So far I'm repairing some rust. I'm going to make tailgate modifications, grille change/modification, new vinyl ( for that vintage look ) for the interior, Wimbledon painted wheels and bumpers, etc, etc. I also had some rust on the right side at the C pillar seam. I replaced the metal and am removing the seam. It will look better smooth ( shame the seam is there to begin with but from a manufacturing stand point I understand). The other side will get welded as well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got my '67 steel grille. Steel because, I like the painted look and also because it is more easily welded than the more popular aluminum grilles. I literally have it sitting on top of the stock radiator support just for this photo, so it's siting too high. It also needs about 7-8 inches cut out of it length wise. The largest hurdle will be the side profile as the Bronco is vertical at the grille and the 67-72 Bumpsides were not. It will be a challenge :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I'm seeing it. Looks cool man!

·
Premium Member
1,728 Posts
Yeah, me too. I like the round headlights.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,989 Posts
Yeah that's looking nice. Interested to see more progress

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Told you it would be slow. Finally got back to the wheel well patch panel and fully welded it. While welding, I welded shut the the rear most trim holes . . and found tons of filler. Obviously there is some accident damage hidden beneath :) So Ill have to fix that correctly as well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I told you it would be slow. I redid a '69 Mustang Vert and delivered. Now painting a '65 Econoline PU and had a '65 Mustang delivered the other day. So I stay plenty busy, and that's not including my own projects. I jump around a lot :) But I tackled the engine in the Bronco. It had a severe exhaust leak, bothered me to even start it up. So I went full in and added split EFI manifolds, wider radiator, eliminated a lot of "stuff" for a more simplistic setup ( got rid of the threaded on fan, emission junk, etc ). I'm not done, but here's a pic to show I haven't left :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I cut the radiator support wider, for the upgraded radiator. I went with the 31" radiator for more cooling. The 5" piece I cut out had the part that the radiator rides against, so I welded that back on after cutting.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, did something probably no one has done, and maybe for good reason :) I wanted to remove the EGR. I am usually a proponent of leaving EGR as it hurts nothing mechanically. But I wanted it gone for a cleaner look. I also wanted to keep the EGR spacer with it's vacuum port. So . . I cut the EGR part off the spacer and filled the resulting hole. It wasn't quite that easy, but that is the result. If anyone is interested , I'll go into more detail.

Attachments

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,875 Posts
OK, did something probably no one has done, and maybe for good reason :) I wanted to remove the EGR. I am usually a proponent of leaving EGR as it hurts nothing mechanically. But I wanted it gone for a cleaner look. I also wanted to keep the EGR spacer with it's vacuum port. So . . I cut the EGR part off the spacer and filled the resulting hole. It wasn't quite that easy, but that is the result. If anyone is interested , I'll go into more detail.
Why...?

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One, for PCV. It better to draw PCV from there.Second, the spacer is a temperature block. The iron manifold gets quite hot. The aluminum piece helps with keeping temps down to the carb.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Larger radiator is installed ( disregard the hose). This is 5" wider than standard radiator. I used a shroud (with a 1990 engineering number on it ) that only needed some small adjustments to work on this radiator. I'm very satisfied with this so far.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 83 Posts