Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a straight up newb question but I dont realkly have time to search hardcore using the search function. What transfer case would come stock in a 1983 Bronco?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
cmon, someone help me out here.

I think from what i have conjured up in internet searches its a NP208, but im not sure. could really use some help.

If there were more than one t-case that could have been in it what were alkl of them?

If it was auto would that make a difference from manual? If they were what were both kinds?

any and all info is greatly appreciated.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
NP-208

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Risky, you either have the NewProcess (NP) 208, which has a smooth housing like in the pic (stock will be shiny aluminum), or a Borg Warner (B-W) 13-45, which has alot of fins in the housing. You have to crawl underneath the Bronco and look for an ID tag or stamped ID number on the back of the t-case housing. NP has a red sun label with "NP" in the center. I have pics of both types at superford.org, I'm too lazy to post them. JSM84:toothless

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steve83 said:
I guarantee you it would have taken you less than 10 minutes if you had searched here & read only the first page of search results. And you'd have known for sure.

Next time, follow the rules & you'll get more help.

I used the damn search tool five times and still couldnt find a clear answer to my question so I created a thread, I'm not a noob to forums and I knew I would get flack for asking such a stupid question but I needed to know ASAP and figured that with as many members this site has and that were logged in that SOMEONE could have been nice enough to just answer my question and I would be on my way to a free t-case.

Thank you to the guys that answered and didn't feel the need to be a smartass. And Steve you can bite me.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Risky Bidness said:
I used the damn search tool five times and still couldnt find a clear answer to my question so I created a thread, I'm not a noob to forums and I knew I would get flack for asking such a stupid question but I needed to know ASAP and figured that with as many members this site has and that were logged in that SOMEONE could have been nice enough to just answer my question and I would be on my way to a free t-case.

Thank you to the guys that answered and didn't feel the need to be a smartass. And Steve you can bite me.
Thats risky Bidness right there;)

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
good reply Steve, things I'd like to say to some of these noobs:twak

1 - 9 of 9 Posts