Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

84 bronco glass runs in tailgate question

493 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  CrazyBRONCOguy 
#1 ·
I am replacing all the glass runs and sweeps at the rear gate. Everything has gone without a problem till I got to installing the L and R glass runs inside the Gate. The glass runs I received (Precision) 2 per package are not marked left or right, top or bottom. Problem is that one side of the U when installed, the felt is complet top to bottom on one side, the other side has felt only 1/8- 3/16 from top down leaving a area w/o felt, however the bottom is covered with felt. It appears these were made this way on purpose. I do not know which side of felt goes to what side of the glass ie. Does the side with the most felt go to inside or out side of the glass. Does the weight of the glass or regulator loading dictate the location of the felt? Confused Thanks

#2 ·
LMC truck parts show that the window runs can go on either side. They have one part number covering both sides. When I replaced mine, I had the same question but I noticed they appeared to be the exact copy of the other.

It may be the set you have are the same way but the felt was a little short on one of them. I would put the runner that is short on felt with that end at the bottom of the tailgate. Put the end that is completely covered at the top.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.