Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,580 Posts
Oh im not knocking the vehicle choice, cuz broncos are just cool :imp We dont see that kind of rig up this way too often (and i dont go tot he mud bogs anyway), was just curious if there is an actual benefit to the wheelbase or not.

Im aware of the drop cases, but the crawler in me thinks that if the truck is 4' longer, the case can be higher up in the air. Ground clearance! Its not big unless you can drive a minivan underneath your truck :toothless

·
Registered
‘90 EB Full Custom build -Mega Truck Bogger
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Yes driveline angles are always an issue when you go bigger. Yes I am running a drop transfercase, you can see it in the photos. Yes wheelbase is an issue for shorter vehicles but only from a fabrication standpoint not performance. Short wheelbase vehicles perform well in the mud. I am running the maximum size tire recommended for my axles. Some people run larger tires with mixed success. I will let you know if I break anything.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Increasing your driveline angle by raising your tcase is not a good thing. Your more likely to blow your yoke and u-joint out under strain. It robs power to your wheels and can have inconsistent velocity

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
No not going anywhere yet

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Will be visiting the bronco this weekend at the fab shop and will take more photos.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Here are some inside pics of the cab, dash and bed...

Attachments

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Final assembly completed...everything ready for test...

Attachments

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
588 Posts
Too nice to mud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Too nice to mud

....I’m starting to hear that a lot....:unsure:....but that’s exactly what it’s built for:cool:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
So a little while ago I got a text from my builder.....”Took her for her maiden voyage down the road a couple times runs pretty damn good”....this is driving me crazy right now lol.... after 10 years of waiting and sacrifice the build is done and I can’t wait to drive it....it’s been like waiting for Christmas countdown as a 10 year old these last couple months...those of you with your own builds I’m sure know how I am feeling right now....it’s 2 hours away from me and it’s like my kid just got born at the hospital and I missed it....just itching to see it and get it home...UGHHHHH THE WAITING

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
588 Posts
So a little while ago I got a text from my builder.....”Took her for her maiden voyage down the road a couple times runs pretty damn good”....this is driving me crazy right now lol.... after 10 years of waiting and sacrifice the build is done and I can’t wait to drive it....it’s been like waiting for Christmas countdown as a 10 year old these last couple months...those of you with your own builds I’m sure know how I am feeling right now....it’s 2 hours away from me and it’s like my kid just got born at the hospital and I missed it....just itching to see it and get it home...UGHHHHH THE WAITING
What wheel/tire set up??

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
What wheel/tire set up??

24x15 custom rims with 14.9x24 BKT 171 tractor tires (50”tall) full specs in my showcase

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,881 Posts
Cool build...
I'd drive it for sure. I agree its nice, I am gonna go the other way and say it'll look even better with mud on it.
Cage has some good details, as does the axle link mounts. That shop does good work.

Reactions: 84mudhorse
41 - 60 of 64 Posts