Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a couple of opinion questions..who makes the best 6 or 8 inch lift for my 85 fsb .. i have 35's with a 3' already but im gonna put at least 6 more on in order to fit 40-44's..also , should i do the suspension kit or just a spring lift?? help me out yall, i know yall know your stuff...

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Yep, we all know our stuff, and lots of guys have already typed out exactly what you're looking for. Try searching.

40-44's is WAY TOO BIG for your stock axles. You WILL break stuff, period.

35's are about the biggest you want to go for a rig you wheel. 6" of lift will clear that just fine.

There are tons of choices for lifts, read the lift and tires sticky.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
40"tires+TTB= :(
It's not even the TTB as much as it's the semi-floating 8.8.

Break an axle shaft in the 8.8, and your tire rolls away down the road. That's a lot of force on a small bearing right at the end of the tube.

20, you really have no clue about your truck and what it's capable of and what it's limits are. You need to start reading up on the threads about lifts and tires, gears, and all that other stuff. Look at links about breakage that people have had, and what they did to upgrade it for the future.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
It's not even the TTB as much as it's the semi-floating 8.8.

Break an axle shaft in the 8.8, and your tire rolls away down the road. That's a lot of force on a small bearing right at the end of the tube.

20, you really have no clue about your truck and what it's capable of and what it's limits are. You need to start reading up on the threads about lifts and tires, gears, and all that other stuff. Look at links about breakage that people have had, and what they did to upgrade it for the future.

^^what he said. Read all you can about our trucks and start wheeling slow and easy so you can learn the limits

1 - 6 of 6 Posts