Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '85 full size Bronco that has had a 460 swap done. It has good air conditioning, power steering and brakes. Everything is power as far as doors and windows. Just replaced driver side window motor. I also did a 3g alternator swap to power the electric fans I got from a Windstar. The motor alone cost me $2400 (I have the receipt from the machine shop) and the tranny was $600 for the rebuild and has a ford factory "truck" truck convertor that has a slightly higher stall speed. The tranny and motor have around 5k miles. The body has been lifted 3" and is in descent shape, the rear quarters need repair or replaced and there is damage to the passenger side front fender and bumper. All of the front bushings where replaced with urethane bushings. I have pics I can email, just can't figure out how to post here. Asking $2000 for her. I have a few spare parts and a brand new poly gas tank in the box. Oh yeah, I am located in the Charlotte, NC area just across the border into SC.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I would not want to trade. Just sell it. The motor and tranny would work in yours and you part out the rest and prob. make much more than $2k. I would part it out but I don't have the time for all of that. Thanks for asking though.

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
can you post some pics please. im interested

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
where are u at in sc?
nvm, i read the first post

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Other goodies that come to mind about the engine:
Hyperuetic pistons
Comp Cams 4x4 extreme cam
1.7 Roller Rockers
Ported heads w/ the thermactor bumps removed from exhaust ports
Weiand Stealth Intake
Edelbrock 750 4bbl Manual choke (Carb needs rebuild kit)
MSD Ignition
Taylor Spiral Pro wires
True dual exhaust

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yeah, She was once a Georgia rig! LOL. I used to live out towards Dahlonega. Man do I miss that place!!! Not many forest service roads around Charlotte, NC.

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
i was tempted to buy for the engine. now i am tempted to buy for my driver/trail rig

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Make an offer. I am buying a boat so that's my main motivation to sell this. I really don't want to sell it, but it has been just sitting and driven very little lately. I have been running it to keep everything charged and the seals from getting hardened. The engine was built by a very reputable builder that builds many dirt track motors. I have the receipt that details everything that was done. I did not mention before, but the rotating assembly of the motor has been balanced as well and a fluid damper installed. I plan to put a for sale sign on it tomorrow and park it at a local lot for a few days. I figured people on this forum would better appreciate a Bronco with a moderately built 460. Email me at [email protected] and I'll give you my number if you want to talk seriously.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Heh still have the bronc
email at [email protected]
looking for tow rig like this....
Thanks,
HMR-RSQ

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.