Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but could not find an answer, so.... Does anyone know what size lift will bw needed to fit 49" tires? My Bronco has Rancho front springs, sits just a touch high, so basically stock. It is currently in storage so I can not put a tape measure to it. I'm working on a set of 49" MT's and really want to see it on them. Thanks in advance....

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,232 Posts
Um...... 49" tires will snap anything less than a Dana 60, and you're pushing your luck trying to do anything but drive it or ride through mud puddles with it.

Unless you're talking about a completely built 60 with knuckles, chromo shafts, and monster diff/locker.... Probably even drive slugs for 49's.

Most people who run tires that large swap in 2.5 ton rockwell axles or something similar. Rockford514 is THE go-to guy to answer this question with more in-depth information.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
look like skys or oru 5" shackle reversal for a f350 plus lift springs

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts

•Suspension (f/r): Superlift 12-in-lift leaf springs, Skyjacker shocks, traction bar/Superlift 8-in-lift leaf springs, 6-in-lift blocks, Skyjacker shocks, traction bar
•Axles (f/r): 2½-ton Rockwell, Ouverson spool, Toyota pinion brake/2½-ton Rockwell, Ouverson spool, Toyota pinion brake
•Axle ratio: 6.72:1
•Wheels: 20x12-in steel Stazworks double beadlock
•Tires: 54x19.5-20 Mickey Thompson Baja Claw TTC

·
I ♥ TTB
4,300 Posts
Depends on how well you want to clear them. I could clear them easy and I'm about 20" over stock but my fenders are cut out too... And my body is the next Gen...

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
^^^^ I LOLed at your sig quote

Just try throwing those 49's on there after cutting the fenders some. Then post pics

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I found out today they are on a Ford 5 hole rim. Apparently they came off a beater Bronco. They are about 70% tread, on polished alum rims. Id love to have them and fabricating a lift is not a problem for me. Guess I better start gathering info and make up my mind. Thanks for all your info and opinions...

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,312 Posts
if he does... I want to see pics, when it explodes. :toothless

seriously... if you're going that big listen to Rockford, dudes got the miles and the know-how behind his remarks. :rockon

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
You're going to need about a 12" body lift on it. You could also stack frames.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts