Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I got my bko with no radio and that is fine cause I have an aftermarket deck for it. I am trying to figure out what color goes to what. I don't really want to pull all the speakers out and figure out what color wires run to them although that would be easy but but the power and the ground are what I am mainly worried about. I can't figure out which is which. Anyone have a clue? I tried the haynes manual and that just gives wiring diagrams for everything besides the radio... any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Grab yourself a test light first of all. the black wire the is attached to metal that is in there is the ground. I'm not sure if you know how to hook up the radio, so forgive me for insulting you, but the wire that is hot with the key on only is the accesorries wire, and the one that is always hot is the power. Speakers really just come down to guessing and checking

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
BroncoDoug said:
OK I got my bko with no radio and that is fine cause I have an aftermarket deck for it. I am trying to figure out what color goes to what. I don't really want to pull all the speakers out and figure out what color wires run to them although that would be easy but but the power and the ground are what I am mainly worried about. I can't figure out which is which. Anyone have a clue? I tried the haynes manual and that just gives wiring diagrams for everything besides the radio... any help would be greatly appreciated.
Diagream of stock radio hookup including wire colors attached. hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I was using the test light also. I think the last guy who had it jacked it all up because he took the radio out and put a CB in... Now I have to figure it all out...

Thank you also!

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
So wait, he hacked up the wiring harness?

If not, I just can't understand why people don't buy aftermarket harnesses for their stuff. It makes life so much easier, and they're only like 6 bucks online with a radio.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
its very easy to test wires, but its also very easy to just run new ones

testing

find the 12v constant is the easiest just use a test light or DMM (digital multi meter) and find the hot wire while ing. is off

now turn the ing. on and repeat thats your switched

ground, well F*** the stock ground just wire a new one to the dash frame making sure you clean the contact point first

speaker are probly the hardest but not bad take a 9v battery and touch it to the remaining wires till you hear a buzz from a speaker. if you can look at the speaker that is buzzing, if it is puching out then you have the pos. and neg right on the batt. if its pulling in then you need to switch them. keep doing this till you have all four speakers figured out.

just make sure you have the power wires figured out before you do the battery test.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hahah im going to post a picture of the harness in my truck and if you guys think that last picture was a hack job hahaha wit untill you see what this dude did.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts