Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, just wondering what the stock size carb is in the 351HO, i can get my hands on a 600 or 650 holley 4 barrel for almost nothing, though about it being an early on upgrade

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok all i can find is it is a holley 4 barrel, does anyone know???

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, just wondering, i have a 600cfm sitting around, wasnt sure if it would be worth bolting on,

is the avenger worth the 400 dollar price tag

·
Registered
337 Posts
i really like the avenger... some dont but i really notice the ability to handle angles without stuttering. I caught mine on ebay for 270$ ... they say they come ready to bolt on and run and its true, i havent touched mine in a yaer and runs great.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok, well if i decide to do some intake work, whats a good intake

i was looking at the performer air gap from eddy and an avenger 670 maybe, can i get rid of most the vaccum lines or are they all needed

basically i want this to be a good performer for trails and climbing but streetable to keep as a car when i need to work on my stang... i know, prolly alot to ask from a truck but itll only be mild off roading, maxing out at blue-black trails maybe some black

also, good cams out there? tho i polly wont do that till i rebuild the engine in a year or two

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,220 Posts
I ran an Edelbrock Performer intake with the reman 4180 carb, and was able to clean up about half of the vacuum lines while still keeping it street-legal. Ran fine, after some carb tuning, for a couple years until an intake gasket leak led to two bent rods and a boat anchor. that's when I swapped to the 460. If you run that intake, look up on Google or search the forums for a mod to the rear water passages. You basically plumb a line across both sides to improve water flow and prevent clogging or a blown gasket. I never got around to doing it. I'm running a 770 cfm Truck Avenger on the 460, and love it. JSM84

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
really, what happened? do the runners for the radiator fluid clog after time, is it possible u used some sort of radiator stopleak that thickened it or something... really interested to know what caused it

·
Registered
90 Posts
ok, well if i decide to do some intake work, whats a good intake

i was looking at the performer air gap from eddy and an avenger 670 maybe, can i get rid of most the vaccum lines or are they all needed

basically i want this to be a good performer for trails and climbing but streetable to keep as a car when i need to work on my stang... i know, prolly alot to ask from a truck but itll only be mild off roading, maxing out at blue-black trails maybe some black

also, good cams out there? tho i polly wont do that till i rebuild the engine in a year or two
I run a Weiand Stealth intake, the 670 Avenger,and a Comp Cams xtreme 4x4 cam. Lots of good power and it I think it work well on the street as well, but I just race it.
I also have shorty headers and no mufflers, just some exhaust pipe :)

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,220 Posts
really, what happened? do the runners for the radiator fluid clog after time, is it possible u used some sort of radiator stopleak that thickened it or something... really interested to know what caused it
YEs, the passages clog up since there's no where for the coolant to go in that area. I'll look for the link to the mid and post it here. I used 50/50 well water and Prestone, and had about 20K miles on the NAPA longblock. JSM84

From BroncoFix.com:

http://www.broncofix.com/viewtopic.php?t=1069&highlight=351w+cooling

·
Registered
337 Posts
as long as your local will let you (ie you dont have an emissions test to pass) you can get rid of most of your vaccum lines, i only run the brake booster, carbon can, pcv, vac advance. Though the only thing this is good for is geting rid of things that leak and hurt your power... otherwise leave the lines those things dont rob power, only clean your emissions.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i have to take emmisions but its more of a sniffer based then visual

thanks for the info or the intake, might save my ass

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.