Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay here we go again the never ending saga with this beast.

My bronco died out on me a few weeks ago and I finally tracked it down to being the fuel relay harness connector was bad. Replaced that and it fired right up. Now having another issue, it runs but misfires badly. It seems to do it less when I remove the spout connector and kick the ecu out of the timing. I know the timing is correct because I just timed it. Plugs/wires/dizzy are all new as well because I replaced all these components when it crapped out the first time and I had no spark. The only symptom now I can tell is that my fuel relay vibrates. Like an electric toothbrush. I haven't owned one of these before but I am thinking that isn't normal. Fuel relay is 3 months old. Any advice is much appreciated.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes sadly I think I am going to have to chase down an electrical issue. Fuel filter/pumps are new. Haven't swapped out the relay. Hate to just throw new parts at it but I suppose it's worth a try. Thank you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I don't think I have any other relays that are compatible. Wouldn't be the worst thing to try I suppose it isn't like it is expensive. I just highly doubt it is the relay as like I say, it is only a few months old. I do know that the inertia switch on the Bronco was bypassed by the previous owner. Think that could be the culprit?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay I'll have to look. The harness connector was bad, so I just replaced that so I know that is good. Bad connector was causing a no start. Now the issue is purely the vibrating relay and the misfire. My understanding is that the vibrating is the relay constantly getting and losing voltage? So have to dig through the rats nest I guess 👍. Yay 80's EFI.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay will do. Just charged the battery and alternator is good but I can do voltage tests on them. Another note though in this scenario I find very interesting is that the misfire is almost non existent when I pull the spout plug and kick the ECU out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts