Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be pulling the intake soon to clean things up under there and for preventive maintenance. Since I'm in there, I figured I'd be a good time to either rebuild the existing injectors or slap some "new" (reman) ones in.

I've read a few threads about rebuilding them myself and I'm definitely intrigued. Not so much for cash savings...but, moreso because I enjoy learning/doing this kinda stuff!

My main concern though, is reliability. I have all the necessary tools (including ultrasonic parts cleaner) and I'm not looking for beyond-stock performance...but, I'd rather not have to remove the intake again if rebuilding them isn't as close to as reliable as getting remans.

Is cleaning and rebuilding them almost or as good as the remans you can typically find?

If not, can anyone suggest a source for a good set of remans?

Thanks!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I would either take yours to a shop and have yours rebuilt and flow tested, or purchase another set that have been flow tested.

I did when I took my intake off I did reman flow tested injectors and it was worth another the extra step.

·
Registered
1992 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8
204 Posts
This is something I'm debating as well. The rebuilt kit at autozone is $8 and a shop will charge me $17 per injector to clean, rebuild, and flow test. I'm going with the shop for piece of mind and reliability.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts