Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last fall (Sept) The tranny went out of my 86. Couldn't get to it until this spring. So I install the tranny (aod), and it won't start. If I pour fuel into the intake, it will start and run until I quit, then dies. I replaced the high pressure fuel pump, and have fuel at the fuel rail. I pulled the wires off of the injector and put a test light to them while turning the engine over, and they are pulsing, but it won't fire a lick. I've spent the last two weekinds putting the tranny in it and spent a grand on new ultra wheels with 32 inch bfg all terrains. This is killing me!

The engine is 5.0 fuel injection, aod tranny. The bronc only has 64,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did get it started! I got out the chiltons manual and checked out the wiring diagram. It showed the eec getting power from the same source as the fuel pumps- if the power source is bad, then no power to electronic engine control either. I had hot wired the fuel pumps so they would work, but I still wasn't getting power to the eec. So I started chasing wires and found a bad ground. Turned the key on, grounded the wire, and heard some relays click and the fuel pumps cycle on for a few seconds, then hit the key and it started. This is a black wire that comes out of the loom over in the alternator/battery area. I would recommend getting a chiltons or Haynes manual and try to straighten out the wiring. Its usually not as hard as it seems. Haynes seems to be easier to use, in my opinion. Let me know it you get it running.
This is my third full size bronco. When I shelled the tranny out last fall, I was pushing mud over the bumper with stock size Big O all season tires. Now I have a Brand new set of 32 inch BFG's on some sweet ultra aluminum wheels. I can't wait to get in the mud. This is mud season in sw Colorado.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.