Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I had a problem I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction on. I have a 86 XLT with a 351. Last week i filled up my tank, went home and parked, next day i start having stall outs and low idleing. Normally i idle at 1000 rpm, but now it sits at 500 or just stalls. It chugs and feels as if its rocking. Like i said this has been going on for a week, sometimes it runs normally, but never for an entire trip, even if its only 5 miles. I also can smell gas when i get out of the truck. Any ideas? Anyone else seen this problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carb. Someone suggested the fuel flow was turned to high, but i couldn't fathom how it would change itself overnight, then change back and forth mid trip. I would think if the screw is lose enough to move it would move enough to cause serious problems.

·
Registered
337 Posts
proably something sticky, these things happen on carbs and all that crap tends to thicken during colder months ... try taking a can of carb cleaner to both the outside and inside of the carb and see if that fixes it. Ive had to do it once or twice in the last 3 years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts