Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to start my build thread. Right now I'm more in the resurrection stage. As I have purchased it for $600 from a man off craigslist, knowing it wasnt running well.

Pictures are uploading now

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Day she came home engine bay shot

Sat under a tree for 6 or 7 years. Paint needs love

Plenty of buffing compound later

Pulled out pounds of tree crap and nasty stuff. Should drain better now

shiny!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

That was last weekend after the head job which I hadnt mentioned yet. Turns out it overhead a week after i got it running decent.

Heres some pics of the head job

Dismantling

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
Wow what a NASTY mess in there........where are you with it now......total rebuild, heads......?

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow what a NASTY mess in there........where are you with it now......total rebuild, heads......?

Heads got redone. I have pictures just too much to catch up on in one day. Im still trouble shooting some cooling issues. New rad, fan clutch etc

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
Clean all that up and it should be good to go. Do frequent changes and it should slowly clean up the rest of the motor. Maybe add some atf the last 10 miles before the next oil change is due. Don't add or run atf too long, it might cause the oil pump screen to clog.

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
I would go with Sea Foam in the crank case for 50-100 miles then change oil/filter and repeat same if necessary so the internal oil pump, tube and screen get cleaned as well......tricky with all that inside build up you know!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would go with Sea Foam in the crank case for 50-100 miles then change oil/filter and repeat same if necessary so the internal oil pump, tube and screen get cleaned as well......tricky with all that inside build up you know!

Just bought my can yesterday :rockon

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i live in va beach, not far from the mud hole you found...aragona village (near haygood). i'm a ff in norfolk at fire station #9 (thole street at granby) so we respond to your neighborhood.
Cool beans man. We'll have to go out to the hole sometime

1 - 20 of 31 Posts