Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here it goes, i have replaced the neg. and bolth positive leads coming off of my battery...and somehow im loosing all of the power. Its like ive got a dead ass battery but im showing 12.5 volts off the battery. When i open the doors the int. lights are really dim and when i put the key in the igniton and put it in the on postion they almost go out.

I couldnt get to the stock bolt for the ground so i ran it to one of the starter bolts. This was working fine for about 2 days..but now im back to the same shit. :banghead The only thing ive done is had a trickle charge on the bat. while in the truck because of the cold. I really need some help here :whiteflag

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
'94, '92, '88, and '84 Broncos
6,970 Posts
Run a jumper cable from the neg post to a good spot on the frame or block. If everything is good then, you know your neg cable connection is bad where you hooked it up. It should be a two part connection to the block and frame.

Adrianspeeder

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah im gunna go home and get my grinder and get a really good ground on the frame as well, i hope the starter is a good enough ground for the motor to at least get me going. The truck sat for somewhere between 1 and 2 years but it feels like it should turn right over as soon as i get my new fuel tank and pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts