Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched and didnt come up with any sites that have a cowl induction SCOOP for the 87-91's. Found the whole hoods, but I have no need for a full hood, especially for that money. Does anyone have one on this site that I have missed? The only scoop I have seen is the member who had it made from a company in South Dakota. Its going to be functional, so dont tell me they are pointless and stupid.:rockon

thanks,
josh

·
Registered
260 Posts
I found a thread here that was talking about front flipping the front end of a Bronco. At that site they offered fiberglass hoods with different scoops on them. I think the hoods cost around $150 or so. That's not that bad of a price for a complete hood that is structural.

If you cut your hood for a scoop you will cut the main support for the hood and will need to reinforce it or you will bend the hood.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
as long as a scoop will fit on my truck, it doesnt matter what its made for.

Do you remember the thread, or site?
I made a scoop out of 16 ga and cut a hole to fit my 18" dia k&n filter right thru the center bracings. I havent had any problems with it, although the scoop is fully welded on.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Are you going to cut the front of the scoop out so it's functional? Hard to tell in that picture.

Josh, I spent an hour looking through my history but can't locate the web site and I can't remember the company name.

·
Registered
96 Posts
You can also use the fiberglass scoops that came off a 69 Dodge Dart. They are 2 single scoops that have a metal chrome bezel on the front or you can get repro black bezels. I got a junk yard hood and drilled the holes for a pair I had lying around. Year One sells repros or there is always EBay. They look fairly bada$$.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I always liked the front clip of the '86's I had a '84 and was planning on swapping the front from a '86 but never did. That scoop looks good on the Stang.

Thanks. I am partial to the '85-'86 nose as well. I also have an '81 Mustang that I'll be working on soon. Its getting an '84 nose on it because thats what I have laying around.

I have a new turbo hood for the '86 but the mounting holes for the scoop are in the wrong places since he '83-'86 uesed the rear facing scoop. I have to fill the holes and drill new ones for the forward scoop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.