Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my new bronco today. runs pretty good i have one noticeable problem. my voltage meter says that im getting like 12v while running. i check it with my battery alternator tester 14.60v the battery is a cheap wal-mart one 1000ca 850cca. i did notice that the negative battery cable was messed up, so being the person i am i trimmed it up and cleaned it and re installed it. the cable isnt like the ones i see alot, it has semi-transparent plastic coating. needless to say i reinstalled it but it seems like it starts hard dose the weh weh weh then fires. its concerning cause it actually wouldnt start at mc d today. also the batteryie was sliding around until i secured it. any suggestions or ideas?

87 bronco
351w 4v H.O.
c6 Auto

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
Drive it up to Advance Auto (if y'all have them?) and have them test the charging system for you.

If you don't have an Advance, find out if any of your other local parts houses check the system for free?

Things you can do are;

Clean the battery terminals and clamps.
Check the ground wire at the frame. (They do get loose sometimes)
Search FSB and learn what it takes to do a G3 ALT conversion.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
charging system checked out ok. check the ground its good cleaning the terminal did the trick so far so good. i plan on doin the g3 alt setup, just getting the parts together for it.

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
My volt meter reads low to.. If I smack the dash pretty good it'll climb up..

Alt is putting out correct voltage so I don't really pay attention to what the dash meter says.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
turned on my problem was the sliding battering it would hit the metal part of the ac line and loose its ground. plus the cable was real bad.

·
Broncoless
1,494 Posts
My volt meter reads low to.. If I smack the dash pretty good it'll climb up..

Alt is putting out correct voltage so I don't really pay attention to what the dash meter says.
i like that one myself. i have to do that all the time when i start mine. smack it and it comes right up so no worries

1 - 8 of 8 Posts