Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bought this truck with a 3' lift kit. The front wheels were both tucked in and the tires were almost riding on the outside wall of each tire. My mechanic could align the tires they were so bad. even with offset bearings. They had to take the lift kit off. It took me two weeks to find stock springs.
I guess my 87 has a strange factory option added to it. I heard it is deifferent from 90% of the Bronco's from that year because it has Two Front Shocks. So how can I put a lift Kit on besides a body lift?
Thanks, Mikey

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
Sounds to me like someone installed lift springs on your truck without drop brackets. The fact that they just took the springs out by themselves when they "took the lift kit off" makes me suspect that further. If that is the case, you never had a full lift kit. Just lift springs, which are only part of a full lift kit for these trucks. One component wont work without the other.

Your dual shock setup is nothing special. Plenty of trucks have it. The lift kit is the same for all 80-96 Broncos, people like you just need two extra shocks.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. Gtrider245, you were right on. That makes perfect sense. They put in new shocks and new springs but no drop bracket. Oh well. I think it would be better if I do it than have one on thats completely wrong. I would have burned through tires like crazy. They arent cheap either. Ha.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Drew, thats what I meant by the bearings. They were off set but didnt even come close. Bummer.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Its not that odd alot of them came with two shocks up frount (per side) my 94 did. Im am not a lift kit expert but it sounds like it was a bad lift kit to me . Was there a braket that extended down the were the axles mount in the center 3" . If not that would make you tires point in like V =positive camber . You can use any of the lift kits you see poeple here are running . Most lifts i have seen here with trucks that came with dual shocks up front just run singles with the lift . Opps i just relized other poeple posted wile i was typing/thinking.
Brian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts